TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
We were thinking socorro for labor day or what ever the holiday is coming up. Will be the shake down for my truck and should be fun.

Get your ass done with your truck

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hell yeah boyz and galz!

after destroying my rear axle,shafts and third member in farmington last. the rig is about ready to take out for another test run. all the parts are in and tonite i shall be assembling the the rear end this weekend.

anyone planning on doing some trash patrol in in sept.?

·
Registered
253 Posts
hell yeah boyz and galz!

after destroying my rear axle,shafts and third member in farmington last. the rig is about ready to take out for another test run. all the parts are in and tonite i shall be assembling the the rear end this weekend.

anyone planning on doing some trash patrol in in sept.?
I'll be there to try to break my shit. Ill help you break your truck along with the normal misfits.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
worked on rigs all weekend.
i thought my trans was toast from the last trip, had a weird sound coming from the trans kinda like i had gravel in the fkr. i put two qrts in at camp an loaded on the trailer.
-i drained the fluid and no chunks of metal were found. put in fresh fluid. shifts good.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i thought my trans was toast from the last trip, had a weird sound coming from the trans kinda like i had gravel in the fkr. i put two qrts in at camp an loaded on the trailer.
-i drained the fluid and no chunks of metal were found. put in fresh fluid. shifts good.

any suggestions?

you should fill it w/concrete....no more noises....

·
20,355 Posts

any suggestions?
I would just wheel that bitch till it blows then. Just make sure you always got someone to tow ya back to the trailer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ahhh.. suck ass!!! took the fkr out last night. there is a frigging loud rattle from under the cab. checked the drveline bolts, them are good. going to pull driveline and see if thats the problem. if not then i will most likely have to pull the transmission. the shifting is good, but after about ten minutes of cruzing around the shifting tightens up. suk!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i know right!!!
was going to load that fker on the trailer and hit the glade saturday too. damnit. guess not.
better to find out whats wrong at home that to be stranded in the middle of a trail.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
this motha%&%# is ready to start re-assembly.

gutted the inner frame rails. plated both sides. and built a crossmember, had to cut new link brackets. woot! woot! feels good to start welding crap rather than cutting grinding. :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
hells yeah!!!
re did the exhaust, with a flowmaster and a new cat. converter, pulled the winshield out and added some tube where the winshield was.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
6 Participants
yotajoe
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing