TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try this instead of always making a new thread every time I go. Anyone else want to chime in for future trips feel free to. Maybe we can keep each other updated on what's happening on the island.

Anyway I know a few of yall are going to Gilmer this weekend and I envy yall but that way is just not a realistic trip for me currently. For the rest of us stuck at home looking to get out of the house, I got a budy coming down from central TX and were headed out to prolly CB on Saturday. No wheeling planned just relaxing and having a few :xbeer3:s. Anyone want to stop by feel free to.

Next question. Does anybody know the condition of the seaweed? It was horrible in June so I'm hoping its not as bad now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Surf fishing reports seemed decent so IM assuming seaweed isn't too bad now. Gotta get.on them tarpon.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seaweed was all but gone when I was there which was during low tide if that makes a difference. Otherwise was great especially compared to June.

·
Registered
108 Posts
gal island

Going today somtime after lunch slp/surfside report back later:cool:

·
Registered
108 Posts
beach

no seaweed to speak of on galveston side. yellow flags on surf. surfside alot of leftover seaweed on beach but none in the surf

·
Registered
283 Posts
no seaweed to speak of on galveston side. yellow flags on surf. surfside alot of leftover seaweed on beach but none in the surf
SLP was clean yesterday. fished from 730-1p. Few black tips, some croakers. Got something that burned drag hard and fast on a fish finder rig with a 6 oz pyramid, 5/0 hook, and pretty large squid after the green water seemed to be coming in the late morning but line broke (30# braid). ahh well, maybe next time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
SLP was clean yesterday. fished from 730-1p. Few black tips, some croakers. Got something that burned drag hard and fast on a fish finder rig with a 6 oz pyramid, 5/0 hook, and pretty large squid after the green water seemed to be coming in the late morning but line broke (30# braid). ahh well, maybe next time.
Fished the back side of SLP overnight Friday and Saturday morning until about 930. Caught one little dink overnight on a black/yellow topwater. Nothing in the morning & no bites...

Still pissed at the weatherman for Friday night. They called for a light breeze overnight, which is why I went down, but it blew like hell overnight. I hate windy sand-in-my-eyes camping...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Fished the back side of SLP overnight Friday and Saturday morning until about 930. Caught one little dink overnight on a black/yellow topwater. Nothing in the morning & no bites...

Still pissed at the weatherman for Friday night. They called for a light breeze overnight, which is why I went down, but it blew like hell overnight. I hate windy sand-in-my-eyes camping...
saw you drive by. nice looking rig. i was at the point, galveston side.

·
Registered
283 Posts
How'd you do over there?
post #6. Have you gone back since?

Went to San Leon last night (9/4 fished from.10p-4a)on a friends pier (eagle point area). Lotsa small sand trout. Few keepers. Got some specks as well. All caught on soft plastics under the lights. Got a decent gafftop off of frozen squid. specks seemed to be getting more active as we left but I was tired.

·
Registered
283 Posts
went fishing back at by Eagle Pass on Wednesday night (9/19).

under our lights we got:
22+" speck trout on 4" soft plastic minnow
~28" red on half crab
~40+ pound black drum on broken up crab claws and another that we couldn't land cause the net handle split into 2 (was a damn good fight though on my light set-up and 20# braid)
a lot of smaller sandies

·
Registered
108 Posts
going to slp sat 7-6-13 fun in the sun drink a few beers maybe a sand-witch or 2 mostly sight seeing all are welcome

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Headed out this weekend to rough it at the state park with the folks and their camper. May head out to the pass or surfside sometime Saturday and play around a little. :driving:

·
Registered
108 Posts
galveston

went last sat. just need to keep your eyes open the popos were everywhere. Sand was real soft did need 4wd

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
BUMP!

Anybody been down there?

Any word on the oil spill?

Hope they haven't fucked the beach up down there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts