TTORA Forum banner

Garmin GPSMAP 60CS

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ShowStop 
#1 ·
Just looking to see if anyone has any input on this GPS unit. I have looked around and I think this is the one I am going to get. Any comments would be appreicated good or bad so long as its constructive. Also if anyone knows a good place to buy from with a good price.

#2 ·
go to cnet.shopper.com and type in a search for that item... the site will display a number of sites with their prices.
It's really good at finding the lowest price on the net.

#3 ·
Thanks, Amazon.com has it for about $370

#4 ·
Hi James,

The 60 series are very, very nice. Excellent antennas and much better tracking than the eTrex series. For a place to buy, give some very serious consideration to buying from a company like GPScentral.ca. (http://www.gpscentral.ca) Yes, they are a Canadian company, but they are a huge seller across the world and you will get EXCELLENT support and price (plus they include batteries - good ones!). Prices shown on their site are in CAD funds.

Pete

#5 ·
James said:
Just looking to see if anyone has any input on this GPS unit. I have looked around and I think this is the one I am going to get. Any comments would be appreicated good or bad so long as its constructive. Also if anyone knows a good place to buy from with a good price.
I would highly recommend that unit. I have the Garmin 60c which is the same thing just without the extra sensors. I use it primarily for geocaching, but also for off-road use. The mapping and routing software is great. Just remember that you need to buy the City Select software if you really want to make use of these features. I would also recommend you get some screen protectors to keep from scratching the screen or a neoprene case from Gilsson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.