TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Tacoma has the locking gas cap door. Anyone know where I can buy a couple of the rubber grommets that my fuel cap door rest on when closed? I have one missing and the other one is dried out and about to go too. No junk yards around here that has a Tacoma in the lot. They are all on the road and I don't want to steal them for a couple of rubbers, Lol. Mike

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could order some from the dealer but I was hoping someone had a couple. Making these would be a pain in the butt. As for the grommets , I have allot of them but nothing that will come close to what these are. Thanks for the suggestions anyway, Mike

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You could always start with a longer grommet about the right size and cut it down.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ljschnel said:
You could always start with a longer grommet about the right size and cut it down.
Thought about that but I don't have anything long enough to work. I found a nice chunk of hard rubber laying in my shop but it's really to hard.
No big deal, I'll just order a couple or maybe go to the junk yard when it warms up and see If I can find a couple off another truck/car that will work.
Just trying to save a few bucks because money is tight right now.
Thanks for the suggestions guy's, Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Mike-in-WV
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing