TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my RB 2" Body Lift on today and I have one last problem to address. The filler tube is too short and need to lengthen it. I see that the overflow-return hose can easily be removed and replaced with a longer hose. But the main tube has some metal flex tube at the bottom where it attaches to the tank. Will that be able to stretch 2" to fit my lift? Or do I need to replace it with hosing or something. Also any thoughs on the bracket that mounts the tube to the frame? I was thinking a 2"rubber spacer with a zip tie will allow movement yet keep the tube where the cap needs to be. Thanks any one with experience on this please help me out.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
kylej said:
I just put my RB 2" Body Lift on today and I have one last problem to address. The filler tube is too short and need to lengthen it. I see that the overflow-return hose can easily be removed and replaced with a longer hose. But the main tube has some metal flex tube at the bottom where it attaches to the tank. Will that be able to stretch 2" to fit my lift? Or do I need to replace it with hosing or something. Also any thoughs on the bracket that mounts the tube to the frame? I was thinking a 2"rubber spacer with a zip tie will allow movement yet keep the tube where the cap needs to be. Thanks any one with experience on this please help me out.

No, you need to lengthen both of them with rubber tubing according to your BL needs. Just use rubber tubing and hose clamps.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
make sure that tubing is rated for use with fuels.... otherwise it will be a blast to r/r your fuel pump too lol

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Don't forget to add a ground wire between the to pieces.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
youre just protecting from any spark possibilty. as long as its making contact to bare metal on both ends you should be ok

·
Registered
871 Posts
Not the hose clamp, the gas tank needs to be grounded to the body. It should already be, but just make sure with a ohm meter. And no the hose clamps do not need to be grounded, and will not help you at all.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The filler neck needs to be ground. When you cut it and add the rubber the upper section does not touch metal. It just sits in the plastic bowl. There should be a flat peice of metal holding the vent tube to the main filler tube. I drilled a hole there and ran a ground to the frame that way both sections are grounded.

-Trent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts