TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering when does your gas reminder light come on.........I think mine has burned out but, I can't believe it would already be burned out on a 2002 Taco. Or maybe I'm just not letting it get as low on gas as I used too.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Does it light up when you first turn on the truck?
If not, you probably have a burned out bulb.

It should come on when you have like 2 gallons or so left

·
Registered
264 Posts
(?) My light does not come on when I first turn on the key. But it did light up the first time my tank got all the way to E-. I didn't think I even had the warning light until then, I usually fill up at 1/4 tank.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
DakotaTacoma said:
Does it light up when you first turn on the truck?
If not, you probably have a burned out bulb.

It should come on when you have like 2 gallons or so left
The gas tank light is NOT one of the ones that lights up during the self-test at startup, at least on the older Tacomas, since it's not a critical indicator (you have the gas gauge itself)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tankota said:
The gas tank light is NOT one of the ones that lights up during the self-test at startup, at least on the older Tacomas, since it's not a critical indicator (you have the gas gauge itself)
Yeah, that's how my '99 is. Like I said I had never seen the warning light at startup so it really surprised me when it came on!

·
Registered
59 Posts
a little side note... it'll slowly come on when you begin to get low, then go out. As you get lower on fuel, it will gradually come on more frequently, then stay on. I dunno for sure when it starts to light up cuz I usually don't let it get lower than 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
mine turns on when i have about 3 gal left in the tank. that happens to be just above E

·
Registered
553 Posts
I know that even though I dont have a light, Friend's got one, and his comes on right as it hits the last empty line... --E I Actually measured how much that was when I filled up the tank, and when it was exactly at the E line, (18 gallon tank) I could only get 15.546 Gallons in... My bet is that the light comes on at 2.5 or atleast that's what you know it's at when you hit the last line!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts