TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the stock gas tank with a larger one???

Was hoping that I could replace the 18.5 gal with a larger tank...Just bolt-on and go. This would be very handy on long trips. Also wouldn't have to re-fuel so often around town.

Anyone know where I can buy one?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Downey makes one that goes above the spare tire. I think it's about 800 or so. You might also get with a marine fabricator that builds tanks. I had a guy make one for my 28' boat it came out great. Especially since the original steel one was leaking.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've seen vague mentions of tanks transplanted from other vehicles (e.g., Jeeps), but never any specifics on either the donor model or the install.

The Downey is about your only choice in off-the-shelf aftermarket replacement or supplement tanks.

You could always go the fuel cell route - i.e., installing a racing-style fuel cell to either supplement or supplant your OEM tank (provided you don't mind having your fuel cell taking up space in your bed).

Then there's the custom fabrication route... Fuel tanks aren't rocket science, once you get the dimensions nailed down... Just as was the case for the OEM transplants, I see mentions of custom fabbed tanks now and then, but never any helpful specifics... (who fabbed it; how much; etc.)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've heard of several people adding a second tank, but the only people I know of who have replaced the stock tank just replaced it with a fuel cell, which isn't DOT legal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts