TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sell A-pillar pods or id there a place where I can mount at least 2 gauges (trans and oil pressure)

Toyota was not thinking about much when they laid out the interior in these IMO.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bones said:
For some reason it only state it for 01-02. Wonder if the A-pillar changed some in 03. I'll contact them and report back here wit the news. :p
Itll fit 01 to 04. Nothing changed. Itll look like this...

Let me know if you have any more questions.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just sold mine for $30 on this site a few weeks ago. Already painted gray and everything

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mizel03 said:
Just sold mine for $30 on this site a few weeks ago. Already painted gray and everything
Thanks for that :D day late once again.

Scott, your pic is not working on my end. Imagstation SUCKS :p

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
208 Posts
Did you use electric gauges?

Where do you put the sensor for the tranny fluid temp?

And lastly, where did you find spray paint to match the interior color??

Jody. --creepin' up on 25 posts...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Outback said:
Did you use electric gauges?

Where do you put the sensor for the tranny fluid temp?

And lastly, where did you find spray paint to match the interior color??

Jody. --creepin' up on 25 posts...
I plan to use an electric gauge at the moment. I haven't looked at the tranny yet to find the location. The link above has the pillar pod in grey for ~$7 more, or they sell paint for plastic/vinyl.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I bought Mizel gauge pod
I may not be able to use it, I will let you know
it is grey, I may paint it black
it hold two gauges
do you want to see pics?
I am going to run a Tranny temp/oil pressure and volt gauge :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
98 Taco said:
I bought Mizel gauge pod
I may not be able to use it, I will let you know
it is grey, I may paint it black
it hold two gauges
do you want to see pics?
I am going to run a Tranny temp/oil pressure and volt gauge :D
If it's for an 01-04 then yes I'd be interested. Hold off on painting it until you know if you are going to use it though.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
What i did on my 2002 was were the factory radio was i go a aftermarket radio and above that is were i went to tap plastics and had them cut me a plastic piece that would fit. Its a pretty timely process and take your time f you do it. If only they made a tri-pillar it would of made my lift a hell of a lot easier.

·
Registered
984 Posts
If you either (a) have an empty DIN 'pocket' under your radio or (b) are willing to switch to a smaller head unit to free up a DIN slot...

...it is possible to mount up to (3) 52mm (2 1/16") gauges in the single DIN slot. You can hand-fab it with a DIN panel (available at any good auto stereo outlet) or buy 1- , 2-, or 3-gauge DIN panels offered out there in cyberland.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EnolaGaia said:
If you either (a) have an empty DIN 'pocket' under your radio or (b) are willing to switch to a smaller head unit to free up a DIN slot...

...it is possible to mount up to (3) 52mm (2 1/16") gauges in the single DIN slot. You can hand-fab it with a DIN panel (available at any good auto stereo outlet) or buy 1- , 2-, or 3-gauge DIN panels offered out there in cyberland.
Thinking about this as well. I might get a better head unit and speakers so I may go this route. I'd make my own out of stainless or aluminum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts