TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of any place local that has a reputable name that could install my gears for me? I know On/Offroad will do it. But i'd like to find some place even closer if i could. Any recommendation's? It just want it to be done right thats all. Thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Terri...i know you pulled your front diff and 3rd and dropped them off to be done their correct? How much did that cost you?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
they did my front diff for about $150 labor with me bringing in the diff if I recall correctly (new ring & pinion, master install kit & aussie locker install)

my diffs were originally set up by Hensel Motorsports in Massillon for about $800 :eek: in labor with them on the truck, but I'm kinda skeptical of his work as almost (I think the only exception is my rear diff which doesn't seem quite right but is still holding together) everything he's done for me or Jason (ABN82MP) has failed, in most cases almost immediately

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
actually that was the first time I used them, but maybe from looking at the pile of mangled parts I gave them they saw me as a likely canidate for a repeat customer and cut me a break hoping to earn future business from me

BTW the owner/manager (I believe his name was Tom) of the place has a pretty clean 1st gen pickup he's told me about, I've told him about our site but haven't seen him show up on here yet. Probably wants to keep that truck clean :( I may have made a mistake in allowing him to look at & repair my truck before I gave him my recruiting speach :eek:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks for all the info Terry. Im gonna call them Monday and see how much it would be to drop my truck off and pick it up with the new gears installed. Is it any extra to have limited slip posi installed in the rear while they are doing the gears?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im hoping 500-600 dollars in labor to do it all. Thatd be nice. But we shall see. Thanks again. Did you get your gears from Summit Terry? I think you told me you did once. What brand are they? Any complaints?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I bought Superiors from Summit but they were pricey and Summit & Superiors pn's for the install kits were all messed up mostly on Superiors end and it took several tries before I got the right kits and even then a few bearings were missing/not included and had to be sourced locally

when I blew my front diff I ordered a Yukon intall kit from PORC and gears from Summit (PORC didn't have them in stock). I got pretty good service and pricing from them, but I had a little prob with the 1st guy they put me on the phone with who kept trying to sell me pre-taco stuff but once he finally passed off the phone to Alex I was able to get my parts ordered and they were on my doorstep 2 days later

but I've seen some people who haven't been pleased with them lately, http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2367 start at post 13

but at any rate my experience with them was good other than the one empoyee having some difficulty with my order

here's his profile if you want to pm or email him http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/member.php?u=1672

I believe he gives a discount to TTORA so if you email or call mention your from the TTORA board

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks Terry!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts