TTORA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever experienced this before? I serviced the T-case about 10,000 miles ago and all of a sudden it started spraying my under carriage. Any ideas why this might happen? I checked the level and it was about 1/8 low topped it off and now it seems like it went away???

·
Registered
185 Posts
Steelhead said:
Has anybody ever experienced this before? I serviced the T-case about 10,000 miles ago and all of a sudden it started spraying my under carriage. Any ideas why this might happen? I checked the level and it was about 1/8 low topped it off and now it seems like it went away???
Put the truck right side up and it'll be fine. But seriously, yes I have heard of this. Especially when people switch to synthetic after dinosaur juice after many,many miles. Sometimes theres crap actually built up kind of "sealing the seal" Sometimes it just stops, other times the seals need to be replaced. This is one of the reasons why I believe it's a good idea to switch to synthetic early on if you plan to. It's also why I'll never run sythetic in my fj40. The old saying of switching to synthetic might make it leak actually is true. Not always, but sometimes.

Of course this pales in comparison to the calls I get about people changing their auto trans filters and fluid in 150k mile cars and the transmissions never shifting right again. It's all about routine maintanence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts