TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much it costs to regear, and what size gears to go with.Also, what would be the price difference in regearing for 33's and regearing for 35's? I currently have 3.91's if that helps.

·
Registered
168 Posts
NC's BeefTaco said:
I was wondering how much it costs to regear, and what size gears to go with.Also, what would be the price difference in regearing for 33's and regearing for 35's? I currently have 3.91's if that helps.
Well, the price for gears and master install kits is going to run you around around 550 to as much as 650. I would say if you go to Performance off road center it will be at the lower half of that figure, they are awesome about helping you out with anything you need and I highly recomend them. As for install, the figures range from 150 per axle to 300 or more per axle. Hope that helps. Oh and use the search function for faster results to your ?s, I have seen two or three of these posts in the past two weeks.
Brian

·
Registered
172 Posts
NC's BeefTaco said:
I just got Yukon 4.56's (for 285/75's or 33's) from performance offroad with two master install kits shipped to me for $501. Yukon 4.88's were the same price.

I've picked up a donor front diff and a donor rear third to have them installed in so I only get charged for bench labor and not charged for the lift time to pull the diff/third and reinstall. That's going to run me $300. I would have to add another $200 to have them pull the diff/third and reinstall them and I'd also have about 2 full days of down time while they did it. I got the donor front diff for $100 and the rear for $150. I'll sell my front diff and rear third after the swap to recoup those costs. It will take me about 5 hours total to do the swap myslef in my garage.

If you're going to stay with 285/75's or 33's and you have a V6, then 4.56's are what you want.

If you are going to go with 315/75's or 35's and you have a V6, then 4.88's are what you want.

If you're going to stay with 285/75's or 33's and you have a 4cyl, then 4.88's are what you want.

If you are going to go with 315/75's or 35's and you have a 4cyl, then 5.29's are what you want.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have a 2.7l 5spd and when I wanted to roll 33x12.5's i geared it to 4.88 and couldn't be more pleased.
I purchased my front and rear r&p's from precisiongear directly as well as the master rear install kit and standard front install kit. It total cost me 690.00. I pulled the 3rd members myself, not a big deal so dont be intimidated by it, the front is just a pita to get out and in, and took them to the gear shop and got charged 160.00 per diff, so 320.00 for the gearing. I came out at 1010.00 and the gears have been amazing. I have great power for the 4cyl around town and plenty on the highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts