TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
that seems very very high. Take that quote to other shops and you can beat down that price pretty quick.

What gears you going with?

brad

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I just had my gears changed last week. They installed an RD90 front locker, changed the gears and put everythign back together for $1300 and that included an unforeseen part requirement (different yoke for the new pinion in the rear). Would have been $1200. If I had taken out the diffs myself and brought em in, probably would have been $700.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zsasbo said:
I just had my gears changed last week. They installed an RD90 front locker, changed the gears and put everythign back together for $1300 and that included an unforeseen part requirement (different yoke for the new pinion in the rear). Would have been $1200. If I had taken out the diffs myself and brought em in, probably would have been $700.

? the RD90 is like $750.00+ alone isn't it?
Thats a killer price.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zsasbo said:
Perhaps I read it wrong -you said install it not supply and install?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
that seems very very high. Take that quote to other shops and you can beat down that price pretty quick.

What gears you going with?

brad

...this is in the '05+ section... aren't the front gears (8") for these things $$$ and only from toyota? All-Pro had some sets as well... still seems a bit pricey, but depends on availability and price of those front gear set's..

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
mandzach said:
11 hrs. seems a lil high.
Not at all from my experience. Heck, it once took 9 hours to do 4.88's and an ARB in a D44 front that was off the vehicle....I HATE ARB installs!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Zsasbo said:

this is the late model section... the gears are $$$, the front ones anyhow....

Take the 3rd's to them to have it done, saves wrench time...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
Zsasbo
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing