TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been covered many times. The reason it is being brought up again is I dont wanna spend the money and end up not being right or messing sutff up. Anyways I just did the OME lift and in need of gears. I am planning on going with the 255/85R16. It is a DD truck and go out about 4 times a month out on the trails. It is a Double Cab 3.4 A/T. I have been talking with ZUK for my gear install and he suggest 4:88's. After reading and researching there is a debate on the 4:88 vs 4:56. Can someone help me with this problem and would that size tire be ok or should i go with the 285?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Stupidchicken89 said:
It has been covered many times. The reason it is being brought up again is I dont wanna spend the money and end up not being right or messing sutff up. Anyways I just did the OME lift and in need of gears. I am planning on going with the 255/85R16. It is a DD truck and go out about 4 times a month out on the trails. It is a Double Cab 3.4 A/T. I have been talking with ZUK for my gear install and he suggest 4:88's. After reading and researching there is a debate on the 4:88 vs 4:56. Can someone help me with this problem and would that size tire be ok or should i go with the 285?

the 255s are a true 33" tire while the 285s, depending on brand, are just under that diameter.

you have 4.10s now. If you want to stay close to "stock" gearing, 4.56s will get you the closest at an 'adjusted' ratio of 4.23:1. 4.88s take you to 4.53:1. Either will work fine but the lower gears will make a big difference on the trails.

whatever tire you get you'll need to do some trimming ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts