TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy, JT, and Dave are already in the loop but I thought I would Chime everyone else in to my dumbass mistake:

I swerved becuase I wasn't paying attention and hit a sign, I was helping a friend out late at work, had a cold, lack of sleep and a rainny night. Thank god it was late no one was around, I am just thankful that I didn't hurt anymore else or kill myself.

I have learned my lesson and moving on, but this is costing me my regear and my crawler set up, whoops...

I am fixing it myself....

This happen on the 7th, here is where the car is at today, just a few more parts and I can get it all back together:

So get your sleep guys...

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
So what's that going to run you? Looks like a new bumper, hood, DS quarter panel, and head light assembly. Then paint for the hood and bumper, unless of course they come prepainted from parts.

1500$ at least (If parts need to be painted)?

For some reason I don't think I've ever caught myself dozing off behind the wheel no matter how tired I am. I have on occasions felt the need to pull over and sleep because I just can't concentrate on the road!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$500 in parts, Labor is all me, paint I don't know yet there are a few other dents I would like to get fixed on the car and thinking a full paint job over a blend, but will see.

Your pretty much hit the nail on the head for what it needs, plus a few other doodads underneath

·
Registered
965 Posts
Full color is going to cost a bunch more even if you do as much prep as you can. If its not faded much you might be able to pull of painting the parts off the car and doing a good polish and detail on the rest. If you dont have someone worth a dam doing a blend it will look like shit anyways.

How bad is the core support? It looks tweeked but they make them out of tin foil, should bed back easily.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bent it back but got a replacement, two bolts and a tack weld is all that really has it in place surprisingly, Go Toyota!

I expect it to cost a little more, as did moms, paints got 105K of Salt infested roads on it, I got all primer parts except for the mirror which looks bought dead on.

I know a few guys I can trust in the auto body side of the industry I am going to hit up and see if they can't do anything for me.

I just forsee it being a full on paint job, hoping it will help me get back some of the value when I go to sell it down the road.

·
Registered
422 Posts
hoping it will help me get back some of the value when I go to sell it down the road.
It won't. The cost of getting it done and the return won't offset themselves, you're paint isn't in bad enough shape. Clay bar, buff and wax it, you'll be amazed at how good it will look.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well still means I have to get the fender hood and bumper blended....

·
Registered
422 Posts
well still means I have to get the fender hood and bumper blended....
Not always. Again, clay bar, buff and wax. I didn't do any kind of blending when I put the fender on my car, and it looks fine because it was buffed not long ago. And like said above, most times you'll see a blend job.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The panels are coming primer, you saying just get everything painted septetate and then shine the care to get it to match?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes. Your paint isn't actually faded, it's just the clear...a combination of dirt and fade. You get a good buff job and you'll never notice the difference.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Agreed, I had a blend job done with my Tacoma when it got rearended and it looked terrible. Like was said, paint the panels off the vehicle with the factory color - use high quality paint, and then buff it all out - will look brand new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts