TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an '07 Silver 4x4 Double Cab TRD to replace my current work truck, which is going to someone else in the company. I'm very excited and I can't believe that I actually got my boss excited about it. Of course I'll be adding a winch and bumper and toolbox-after all it is a work truck. I hope it lives up to the 20mpg claims. I'm also interested to see how well it holds up in the woods every day and to 55k to 60k miles per year that I drive. I feel confident that it will handle both with no trouble.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I don't like to looks of them + the wheel base was too long for my taste. Seemed like the frame would rub if you went over the slightest ^

·
Registered
204 Posts
yea but they look better lifted dont you think.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The long beds do look good lifted, but as a company truck I don't think a lift would go over real well-especially since I'm not paying for the truck, accessories, or the gas!

·
Registered
152 Posts
how did you get them to get the bummer and winch? Im getting my work truck shortly and would love to have them pick up the cost of a bumper and winch :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
dragr1 said:
Of course I'll be adding a winch and bumper and toolbox-after all it is a work truck. I hope it lives up to the 20mpg claims.
In stock form with the Access Cab longbed, I was getting 20 rural/city and 22 on the interstate on cruise at 75 mph.

Since the ARB, winch, sliders and 265/75/16 mud-terrains I've gotten 18 mpg interstate and a fantastic solid 16 mpg rural/city.

My buddy Joe's '07 DC TRD O/R shortbed with 900 miles on the clock is getting 18 rural/city....he hasn't taken it on the interstate yet. I've read that for the first XXXX miles the computer is in a "learning" mode and will at some point alter tuning for best economy.

I'm thinking about unhooking my battery and starting over. :D

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
keynote22 said:
how did you get them to get the bummer and winch? Im getting my work truck shortly and would love to have them pick up the cost of a bumper and winch :D

I'm a Forester-so in the woods all day, everyday. If I'm in one spot and my boss happens to be 150 miles away and one of us gets stuck and the other has to waste half a day to go pull the one of us out, then the winch just paid for itself. It's also nice when trees fall in the road, tractor gets stuck, tons of other uses. Right now we all drive Chevy's and have had excellent service (we usually sell them around 300k miles or more) and we run Warn 8274's, so I'll be going to an M8000 or M9000 for the Toyota. I'll be replacing those crappy stock tires with mud tires when I wear out the stockers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I consistently get 18ish combined city/highway with a M/T '07 4x4 DC shortbed, all stock. This in Hotlanta. On full-on highway trips I get pretty much the EPA 19, cruising at 65/70. If its all stop/go around town redlight-type runs, however, its definitely 16ish. I've never seen a truck actually get sticker, but in this case, its pretty spot on.

I love mine, though.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had it since Monday and I love it! Already muddy and scratched with 1200 miles on it. Mileage so far is 18.8mpg with about 20% of that being slow speed driving in the woods.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts