TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some 315/75-16s on CL and I'm going down to pick them up on Tuesday..

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/pts/2487504141.html

been talking to the guy and looks like I'm getting them for $350. He said about 60% or maybe more is left. Gonna be heavier tires for sure, we'll see how the load E rides for a little bit. If I get tired of them I'll let them go.

Good deal or no?

Here's the pic he sent me... dunno if it's quite the 60% he claims

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I can't see the pics at work, but Toyos are a great tire for a weekend warrior. Friends who have had them get really good mileage and they work quite well on the rocks.

Didn't you just get new(er) tires?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Pretty soon we'll just start calling him Luke :D

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did just get new tires and I'm not gonna sell them. I just wanna try 35s on for size. I don't think I'll put them on till after twig. Not only that but I'll prob have to run a front spacer to fit those which I'm not too static about. I'm really just getting them cus it's a good deal. I might just stick them in storage and wait till I get matching gears or 4.88s.

·
Registered
646 Posts
From the pic it looks like 30% tread to me but it's kind of hard to see. I'd get some better pics before you go down to get them.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
As a person with a ton of stuff with the intent of "putting it in storage and using it later - it's a good deal," I'll tell you that another deal will come along.

I'd save the coin and work on putting it into your 4Runner. Maybe re-gear. Maybe lock-right / ARB. Maybe skids. Maybe more trips to the park.

35s won't take you anywhere a good driver on 33s can't.

To each their own. Do what ya wanna, Carlos :D

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I think I'm gonna pass.. There isn't nearly 60% tread on them. I would say prob 30% MAYBE 40%. I like te idea of going to 35s but think I'll wait till I got some more stuff done like brake upgrade, 4.88s and a front locker.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I couldn't resist and I offered him $200 anyways. He replied with $250. Yes, no.. Maybe? If I get them I'm gonna stick them in storage till prob a little later this year. Maybe after my bday (october) and I get 4.88s.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Then ya gotta figure gas to go get them and bring them back, make time, blah blah blah. I like your style, though :D

Not worth it in my opinion. When you're ready for 35s, there will be better tires out there.

Bald 35s are not all the rage :D

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree, which is why I just told him I'll pass. 35s in due time I guess. Just not right now :D impulse buys always get me, glad you guys are here to slap me around to my senses haha. So it's on the the tundra brakes now.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its suppose to be really straight forward.. I'm gonna try and get some loaded calipers so they bolt right up and prob some nicer rotors than just blanks. Shouldn't be hard at all.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I plan on sourcing the stuff out this week and maybe getting parts and installing them next weekend. Nothing fancy, probably all AutoZone, reman stuff.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts