TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to thank Jason & Joshua (WATTORA members) for helping me get my Tacoma back on track. I pretty much had done nothing to my truck for over two years. In recent weeks, I have added Cooper Discoverer SST's, Flowmaster 40, Camburgs up front, Deaver full leaf pack & Bilstein's in the rear. Also, installed Fire extinguisher, Factory Fog light switch, Trail recovery gear, Floor liners, and a few other goodies. Also lost the mud flaps, nerf bars, & brush bar, and relocated the PIAA's.
A spark has been lit, and I have a new resurgence toward my 04 TRD Tacoma. Thus the title "Getting to know you"...All over again. Thanks gang!

"Let's get ready to ....Wheel!!!

Additional Thanks goes out to:
  • Johnny & Jason @ Wheeler's Off-Road
  • Gary Deaver @ Deaver Springs
  • Drew, Jason & Scott @ Camburg Engineering

Old

Fog light switch

Floor liners

Fire Extinguisher & Trail recovery gear

Camburgs

New Look!

Wheelin’

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
The deavers don't hit the exhaust under full flex?

Sweet.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
You mounted your rear shocks Up-side down!
Bilstein 5125's are made to go with the shock body at the top, and the rod to the bottom. No big deal, though.

Lookin good, though. You're back on the right track!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
You mounted your rear shocks Up-side down!
Bilstein 5125's are made to go with the shock body at the top, and the rod to the bottom. No big deal, though.

Lookin good, though. You're back on the right track!
Could be a big deal if he flexes that thing... Uh... dents in the shock body... can't be a good thing... ;)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going by "boot up" posts here. OOOPS! :doh: So I'm assuming boots down?:confused:

Will do the flip today!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Could be a big deal if he flexes that thing... Uh... dents in the shock body... can't be a good thing... ;)
Good Point...

Yeah - the 5125's should go "boot down". FYI - those boots sometimes let water, and mud, and moisture IN - and don't let it OUT...

on my 5125's I just cut the boots off, and I've been running them like that for nearly 2 years and through 2 Chicago winters, and they still look great.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Either way you run them, you will get dents in the shock body unless you space them out...

I almost ruined my 5150's. Luckily it just brushed against it and removed the sticker.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I've had my stuff flexed to the max several times with the 5125's, and so far I haven't rashed them. :confused:

...you think that's because I'm still running the stock leaf pack with just an AAL?

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Either way you run them, you will get dents in the shock body unless you space them out...

I almost ruined my 5150's. Luckily it just brushed against it and removed the sticker.
I've flexed the livin' shiat outta mine and haven't a dent/scratch on them...

The boots have a few scuff marks... not that I care...

Maybe this only inflicts certain years ? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
It did it on my old truck, and on my new one.

It did the pass side. The leaf pack rubs against the can. I have the 5150 with the tube pointing down, and the tan and resivor on top...

I had to have the pass tire stuffed, and the drivers tire in the air. The leaf pack just rubbed...

I am running a leaf pack rebuild, with the overload still in. It's a pretty flexy combo.

On my old truck I had a Alcan AAL. It was a single leaf AAL, but it was still pretty flexy (not as much as the rebuild though...)

To space out the shocks, it's really cheap. I did it all with drill bushings instead of drill bushings and washers, so it was a lot more, but I know the thickness is the same, and I don't have to deal with washers when I switch out the shocks.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Here is a link to spacin out the rear shocks. Hardest part is removing the shocks (I had to get a prybar on mine. Make sure you sue lots of grease because I learned the hard way!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts