TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 87 4runner and have been driving a stock 96 tacoma.

Live in Longmont

Not sure what to do with the 4 runner, yet. Hate the ifs, but probably don't need the sas to do what I want to do..... The body is near perfect and the interior is very good. So, all I'm doing right now is building bumbers and armor, raising the trans and building a lower profile crossmember (wow! I just gained 4" of break over ground clearance from that alone)

Probably go 4.88 with 32" tires, lock the rear and call it good.

Anyway, Hi to you all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Middle St. Vrain up to Conney Flats...along that level. Not to hard.

Here are a couple of my past rigs that I built (over built). But they never broke...

Jeeps were SOA on 1 tons (14 blt/ 35 spline dana 60 fronts with ~70:1 crawl.
Wrangler was on Dana 44s on 33X10.50. This was the best of the bunch for doing everything well. It looked fairly stock but was not even close.

The Knuck...I miss it...took long to do the paint than the complete motor and trans rebuild, combined...

and many more...

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Welcome. Troy and I are in Longmont (Well more like Firestone but...) You definitally have to join us on some runs this summer!

Nice bike BTW!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Hi, Im from longmont too. Welcome to CoTTora.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Hi, Im from longmont too. Welcome to CoTTora.
Yeah, but he currently doesn't have an operational truck :flipoff1:

You and Nate, Kirk, and whoever else need to get some meth and just jam that sucker out! LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, everyone.

I picked up 4.88 thirds today, and ordered 33x10.50s.

I will inboard the top shock mounts on the back, get some longer shocks and some longer rear springs (maybe chevys or FSJs) to get the back to flex.

Need to shorten the upper bump stops, if I can without bind when stuffed.

Might try to be done with all that by next week.

The motor has some rattle when it is cold. Goes away in about 3-5 minutes. I might drop the oil pan to see if the rod bearings are gone. But most likely, it is piston slap (although the spark plugs are nice and med brown with no soot).

What do you all think of BJS and relaxing the torsion bar to drop it back down? Is it worth the $$$. I would be happy with 0 to 1" lift.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
What do you all think of BJS and relaxing the torsion bar to drop it back down? Is it worth the $$$. I would be happy with 0 to 1" lift.
Will gain you 1.5" of travel that way and keep your steering components together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts