TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm looking for everyone's opinion. I'm gonna be getting new tires the choices are GOOD YEAR MTR, GOOD YEAR DURA TRAC ( I CURRENTLY AM RUNNING NOW) , GENERAL GRABBER with Red lettering , or THE BFG KM2 MT .got a couple others I.m looking at too , like the Dick Cepak crusher or mud country

·
Registered
962 Posts
The goodyear with kevlar are a good tire. Although I like the grabber, I was told that they ride rough and I have heard that the duratracs are holding up well with normal usage.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've had good luck with the Mastercrafts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Another option. Maybe a set of tread wrights. And usr the money you save to buy everything to do a alignment from me then your tires will last along longer.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another option. Maybe a set of tread wrights. And usr the money you save to buy everything to do a alignment from me then your tires will last along longer.
yah. I was thinking bout the retreads too. I have the stuff i need to put on for an alignment. Gonna put all that on soon . Just gotta hook up with Zach

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you go treadwrights let me know how you like them. Those are probably gonna be my next tire.

·
PA VP
987 Posts
I have been running km2's on my 4runner for a few years.. I really like them and they work great when aired down.. the goodyears you mentioned are also very good tires and will last you a while before they need replaced

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I like my KM2s but they seem to wear quicker than the old style. They also chunk easily. I'm running my other set now(BFG A/Ts)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Craw, you sticking with the 33x12.5- 15's? Treadwrights website lists that size as discontinued. I am still trying to wear out my km2's (great wearing tire by the way, even with no alignments!). Just wondering how you like the 12.5 width as I have been running the 10.5's. With my next set I am thinking about getting the tallest 33 possible, not sure on the width yet. I have both 15 and 16" wheels to play with.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Craw, you sticking with the 33x12.5- 15's? Treadwrights website lists that size as discontinued. I am still trying to wear out my km2's (great wearing tire by the way, even with no alignments!). Just wondering how you like the 12.5 width as I have been running the 10.5's. With my next set I am thinking about getting the tallest 33 possible, not sure on the width yet. I have both 15 and 16" wheels to play with.
i like having the 1250 because of the wider stance. But i dont like getting pulled over by local leo's because they stick out of the fenders.my question bout the tread rights is are they good for daily drving.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I daily drove mine for years. Wheeled the crap out of them too. The only thing I didnt like was I had the walnut shells in mine. The looked like they were eaten by termites. But you can get plain tires.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I daily drove mine for years. Wheeled the crap out of them too. The only thing I didnt like was I had the walnut shells in mine. The looked like they were eaten by termites. But you can get plain tires.
I was lookin on the website. They still use the walnut shell /glass combo. But like surf said . They dont make the 33 12.50 15 anymore. So i doubt ill look into them now.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The maxis bighorns in 255/85/16 are pretty much the tallest 33. Great tire and easy to fit w pinch weld beat down.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The maxis bighorns in 255/85/16 are pretty much the tallest 33. Great tire and easy to fit w pinch weld beat down.
I had the Bighorns about 2 sets ago . Still have them mounyed to my stock rims.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Go for some 295-75-16 Hankook Dynapro mt's.....they are like 33.7" tall or something and work awesome both on and off road.....favorite set of tires i have had to date. I hate the tall skinny tires......they do not provide enough foot print for a 4000+lb truck.....once you go to something wider you will be amazed at the difference. I wish hankook made these tires in a 40....i would buy a set.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread Craw but anyone have any experience with bias plys? I would rather stick with my current 15" wheels and like the 34" x 10.5" LTBs swampers. Will these ride like total shit on the road? I don't put a lot of miles on my truck but it is a daily driver. Too bad the maxxis trepadors don't come in a 33" they look bad ass.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hijack your thread Craw but anyone have any experience with bias plys? I would rather stick with my current 15" wheels and like the 34" x 10.5" LTBs swampers. Will these ride like total shit on the road? I don't put a lot of miles on my truck but it is a daily driver. Too bad the maxxis trepadors don't come in a 33" they look bad ass.
I had them they wore down within a year. They were loud and heavy as hell. They were good on the road but gou knew you were ridin on them

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. For what its worth in your decision craw the km2's have been awesome. I swear they ride and handle better than my last set of BFG ATs. Full Tilt - my neighbor put a set of hankook MT's on his 110 defender, they are a sick tire. I put hankook AT's on my wife's yukon and have been very impressed, though it is a pavement pounder with occasional towing and beach use. They are way better than the stock allenzas and are LT rated.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
11 Participants
crawyota
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing