TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I would have thought that you all would be squirting all over each other about the 2016 coming out.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if Shannon has gotten off that 15" CRT monitor and realizes that he might want bring the resolution of this site into 2015? Those of use with something newer have a great appreciation of 70% of the screen being a nice shade of poop. Maybe a disclaimer like "This site is best viewed in 1985's 800x600 resolution" might be needed?

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
I wonder if Shannon has gotten off that 15" CRT monitor and realizes that he might want bring the resolution of this site into 2015? Those of use with something newer have a great appreciation of 70% of the screen being a nice shade of poop. Maybe a disclaimer like "This site is best viewed in 1985's 800x600 resolution" might be needed?
Unless you are volunteering to spend the time and resources to update the site design, STFU! :bitchslap

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
well shannon doesnt own this board anymore so he could care less im sure.

Don't think anybody is really keeping up with board updates and what not, I think it is a matter of time before this place kicks the dust, I dont think it will be much longer IMO

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unless you are volunteering to spend the time and resources to update the site design, STFU! :bitchslap
Gimme the keys bitch!

Don't think anybody is really keeping up with board updates and what not, I think it is a matter of time before this place kicks the dust, I dont think it will be much longer IMO
Seriously? Next thing you are going to say is that Shannon isn't a girl.

Damn, I am gone for a few days and that trick takes off. Maybe you all can fill me in on what I have missed.

Does that mean that there will be no national event?

Does the fucktard Gadget still think that Toyota wheels are not hub centric?

Do the whistles still go WOOOO?

Did Cammo ever realize that the Tacoma is just as good as the older Toyota Trucks and stop picking on TTORA?

Did the desert bunnies ever make up with the mud guys?

Does the Thursday chat still happen?

Can someone tell me why it is taking so long to get my spacers from Cornbred?

Are the Cardinal trails still open?

How do you pronounce TTORA?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Gimme the keys bitch!

Seriously? Next thing you are going to say is that Shannon isn't a girl.

Damn, I am gone for a few days and that trick takes off. Maybe you all can fill me in on what I have missed.

Does that mean that there will be no national event?

Does the fucktard Gadget still think that Toyota wheels are not hub centric?

Do the whistles still go WOOOO?

Did Cammo ever realize that the Tacoma is just as good as the older Toyota Trucks and stop picking on TTORA?

Did the desert bunnies ever make up with the mud guys?

Does the Thursday chat still happen?

Can someone tell me why it is taking so long to get my spacers from Cornbred?

Are the Cardinal trails still open?

How do you pronounce TTORA?
:rofl::xrocker:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I offered to volunteer to fix up a few simple things. Just some simple CSS could at least give the smoke and mirrors to make the website feel like it was made in the 21st century.

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
I offered to volunteer to fix up a few simple things. Just some simple CSS could at least give the smoke and mirrors to make the website feel like it was made in the 21st century.
You should hit me up and we can chat about what changes can be made. I don't have access to the main site CSS, but I can change the forum specific sections.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
So who owns it now? First I've heard that it was no longer Shannon's board.

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
So who owns it now? First I've heard that it was no longer Shannon's board.
There was an announcement about it back when the transition happened. TTORA is now part of Autoforums.com which also owns Pirate4x4 and many others. The parent company is VerticalScope.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There was an announcement about it back when the transition happened. TTORA is now part of Autoforums.com which also owns Pirate4x4 and many others. The parent company is VerticalScope.
So are you in charge now?

The new owners don't seem to care much for the old place. There is a lot of good knowledge buried inside this forum. It would be a shame to see it go to waste.

I bet Cammo got a stiffy when he heard the news about ttora and pirate falling under the same umbrella.

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
So are you in charge now?

The new owners don't seem to care much for the old place. There is a lot of good knowledge buried inside this forum. It would be a shame to see it go to waste.

I bet Cammo got a stiffy when he heard the news about ttora and pirate falling under the same umbrella.
My roll is still the same. I'm a lead moderator and part time admin.

The new owners actually made some helpful updates to the forums and other parts of the site. I've been trying to get them to make some updates to the main page and to try to get the FAQ back up, but so far that hasn't materialized.

I don't know that the new ownership really affected anything other than who owns the domain and site. We keep doing our thing here and Pirate does their thing. I think the owners prefer that each site stand on its own merits.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah its pretty much is just a new version of the old one, price was a lot better than a 2016 would have been.
Conventional wisdom would say that is a stupid idea, but having seen what those trucks sell for used, you probably made money, but damn the 2016 looks sweet! I may have to get one.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts