TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering what experiences you all have had with Gibson Cat-Back exhausts? And, would it be better to run a cat-back, or save the OEM pipes and add a Flowmaster muffler? As some of you may know, I've been having issues with my former cat-back (at least I think it was my cat-back).... I have reverted back to stock exhaust, but really miss the rumble of my old system. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Beave

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I have a Gibson stainless and like it a lot. I've listened to quite a few other systems and they all sound the same to me save for the Gibson. While the muffler is stainless, I'm not so sure the piping that comes with it is - or at least is a different grade of ss. So far, so good anyway.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Beave said:
Hey all,

Just wondering what experiences you all have had with Gibson Cat-Back exhausts? And, would it be better to run a cat-back, or save the OEM pipes and add a Flowmaster muffler? As some of you may know, I've been having issues with my former cat-back (at least I think it was my cat-back).... I have reverted back to stock exhaust, but really miss the rumble of my old system. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Beave
I used to be a firm believer in flowmaster, until it feel off, I found out its a poor build. Since then I checked out Spintech, and I honestly am very happy with the muffler, It weighs more but is better built.. My flowmaster broke right at theinlet to the exhaust, (on the actual muffler) not where the installer welded it at, it was properly supported and everything.

·
Registered
360 Posts
DesertTRD said:
I used to be a firm believer in flowmaster, until it feel off, I found out its a poor build. Since then I checked out Spintech, and I honestly am very happy with the muffler, It weighs more but is better built.. My flowmaster broke right at theinlet to the exhaust, (on the actual muffler) not where the installer welded it at, it was properly supported and everything.
Where did you get your spin-tech from. My friend has Spin-techs on his 68 Camaro witha 402 BB and that thing sounds BAD ASS, so bad ass.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
03trdblack said:
I would also like to know where you got your spintech from and which one you got. Do you have the part number? Also, is yours the 3.4L V6 or one of the 4 cylinders?
I got it from a place called Richards Performance Muffler (he did work for Pflueger Racing at one time and opened his own shop) Hes located in Vista, CA, which is far away from you :)

I have a V6, and no i dont have the part # available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts