TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, So I somewhat looked thru the forum and didn't find too much on the Gibson exhausts, not sure if that's a bad thing but I found most of you guys are using magnaflow. I am going to be getting a Gibson exhaust w/ the full catback as a gift and I wanted to know how they sound on a 95 Tacoma V6 3.4. I really hope it doesn't sound too ricey. So if you have heard this exhaust on my type of truck or have one, give me ur thoughts. And any other junk I need to know too. Thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have a 99 3.4 V6 so I don;t know how much usefuil this will be but my Gibson sounds great. Not ricey at all. I had to cut off the tail pipe for my new leafs and it made it a little louder, but still not ricey. I like the catback.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
do the sound clips accurately record the sound of the setup on a tacoma cause it sounded almost like the same clip for all the sounds on the different engines

·
Registered
62 Posts
2007 Gibson Exhaust

I have started an install of the gibson exhaust on my 07 TRD DCAB 4x4 tonight. It was late when I started (not in a garage, on my driveway) and it was already dark, but I had to open the box, figure out what I needed to do and do at least one thing on it tonite. I took off the bolts on the stock setup that went to the cat. So now tomorrow I need to put the wd40 on the hangers and slide the stock exhaust out of there. I hope I don't have to cut anything. It doesn't show it, but it does say I will need a hacksaw??? I need to look at it a bit closer when I have more light.

My wife thought I was nuts out there working on it in the dark (I did have a light under the truck) and it was frigin freezin. My figures were like numb, but I was determined to start no matter what. A true truck warrior is my goal. No excuses, just do it.

I have all my ALLPRO bumpers and sliders on the garage floor waiting to be primed, sanded, primed, sanded, and then sprayed, then installed.

The lift kit and tires go on Tuesday. I hope to have my rig ready for wheeling in two weeks. I want to make sure I have my body armor on first since I only had this truck for two weeks. I rolled the 2001 dcab just before christmas and went out and bought this one.

I will let the club know how it goes. Lots of people say it does nothing but make it sound good. Others say it does help. I hope it helps, but if not it should sound good. I had one on my other rig and I liked it.

Blackdog

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an 05 so I'm sure it will sound different. But to answer your question about sounding ricey. You will not be disappointed at all. It has a nice tone without being too loud. And like most mufflers it will sound better with age after ths baffles get broken in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
Chux
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing