Registered
4,982 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Michaels Jungle Gym :dunno:
Yup!

How about gittinit-"fixinit" I always liked that title on my old build thread. Better yet I could just call it scrap metal, couse thas what it will be sooner or later. OOOOH name it UglyDuckling, yea thats fitting!

I guess since I havent been suscessful at selling this 86extra cab I have, I may have to build it. I did find a 85 4rnr for $300, that had an engine fire. It would make a great canidate for adrivetrain swap from my red tube creation.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
thats weird i guess i didnt know what i was doing

i tried to change the title last night but :dunno:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Curtain climbers a plenty on that rig.....looks like they're trying to decide where to go once they figure out how to get it started & in gear.....:xpopcorn2

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Curtain climbers a plenty on that rig.....looks like they're trying to decide where to go once they figure out how to get it started & in gear.....:xpopcorn2
Oh man the kids flock to this thing like playground equipment. I can't keep em off it. I guess the neighbor kids are inveous cous my kids have there own rolling jungle gym.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Oh man the kids flock to this thing like playground equipment. I can't keep em off it. I guess the neighbor kids are inveous cous my kids have there own rolling jungle gym.
rolls and drives :woot:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The little girl behind the wheel looks like she's telling them "find a place to sit & hang on, I'm startin' this puppy & findin' some trouble to get into!"

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The little girl behind the wheel looks like she's telling them "find a place to sit & hang on, I'm startin' this puppy & findin' some trouble to get into!"
Notice the shirt on the boy on the back. "National TTORA Takeover 2006 HotSprings Arkansas". My kiddos , although my daughter does get scarred some, love wheeling!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Notice the shirt on the boy on the back. "National TTORA Takeover 2006 HotSprings Arkansas". My kiddos , although my daughter does get scarred some, love wheeling!
i dont blame her, i'd get scared too

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i dont blame her, i'd get scared too
It seems my daughter got a little boost of confidence today. I floped my rig with both kids in there buckled up safely. The dog jumped out, but the kids just hung in there, literally. My son has floped with be on other occasions, but my daughter never has. After the flop we met my wife and she jumped in to join for a ride. My daughter said "don't worry mom I'm used to this stuff" with a confident tone. I couldn't have been more proud! :D

Oh and the test drive was great, nothing broke, and the detroit is working great. I still get a little click noise in the front here and there, but I'm betting its just my ghetto square shaft working like it should as the locker enguages and disenguages.

Mabye Bo will have some pics of my flop? I know he had a camera out there, but I'm not shure if they got any descent pics, couse he ran to my kidds aid after the flop. Thanks Bo! ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Git,
Good to hear you got your new locker broken in. I bet you were worried about your daughter's reaction after flopping your rig ... sounds like a gentle lay on the side ... maybe just what she needed for that confidence builder. We ya'll at AR S&G? I guess you're getting ready for that road trip to FN next weekend? Have a good week.
OT

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Git,
Good to hear you got your new locker broken in. I bet you were worried about your daughter's reaction after flopping your rig ... sounds like a gentle lay on the side ... maybe just what she needed for that confidence builder. We ya'll at AR S&G? I guess you're getting ready for that road trip to FN next weekend? Have a good week.
OT
Ya thats right the truck went over nice and easy and with the previous days rain the ground was soft and spongy. That was a good thing couse it gave us a nice soft landing, but if it had been a little more firm I might not have had to spin em, and might have had more controll as well. Yup I,m hyped bout taking the family to FlatNasty this weekend. :D

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Ya thats right the truck went over nice and easy and with the previous days rain the ground was soft and spongy. That was a good thing couse it gave us a nice soft landing, but if it had been a little more firm I might not have had to spin em, and might have had more controll as well. Yup I,m hyped bout taking the family to FlatNasty this weekend. :D
but you'll be back by tuesday to get my bumper?? or is that what your gonna arrange

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Updates on the Red Whasp??? :D
Its still sitting in the same spot it has for the last month or more. I havent had time to even look at the thing. I'm unshure it will even start when I go to load it on its temparry mobile storage facility (trailer) this weekend. As soon as the move is done I planto get it out for one last wheeling adventure before i transplant all its goodies over to my new rig...pics after the move.

The red rig isnt getting scraped just modded into something a little lighter and prolly meaner. ;)

I will not be around on the web much till after we are settled in at our new place. So if you need me call. Glen can give ya my number if ya don't already have it.

Michael

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Its been quite some time since I have announced any changes for this turd. Heres a heads up of whats happening.

For the few months before selling my house I had been worrking on an 86 extra cab that was going to be a replacement of sorts for my red rig. I went over it in my head quite a few times, and decided to just build another rig that would get me through till I can manage what I really wanted. As time went by I got buisy with buying a new home, and building the shop, so I just sort of left things as they were.

Now that I'm settled in the new place I decided to put my shop to use and drug the extracab back out of the weeds. I finally got the bed back from my bodyshop buddy, and put it on. I also decided not to put all the effort and money into doing a sas on it although I already have an axle for it. As it is I have been having problems with it running. It would idle, fine, but would die as soon as I pulled out of the drive. I swapped the webber off of the red truck onto it and all is good, or will be after all the sand is finally filtered from the tank. (don't ask)

Currently i'm lowering the rear via sinking the shackles through the rear of the frame, and possibly the spring hangers will be set into the frame as well. This is all due to me not wanting more than a 33" tire and wanting to keep the ifs. This rig will someday be the one I drive to hotsprings or where ever for a getaway. It gets expensive loading up and towing the red truck every time I want to just get away.

Speaking of the red truck I justifyied disabling it by ordering propane from carry at GOT PROPANE. The kit should be here thurs or friday. I'm looking forward to not having carb issues in those harry situations. I also plan to have a 3rd case installed before the ttora event, but we will see how it goes.

I'll get some pics If I ever rember to pick up some camera batterys. :)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
WOOT FOR AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael, you riding with me in a week and a half? :D

Had a sweet run this past weekend. Missed your goofy self. Glad to hear you're still kickin' it!!!

21 - 40 of 424 Posts