TTORA Forum banner

421 - 424 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
3rd trip was to SMORR in missouri. I had a great trip with oly a broken front diff to slow me down. Changed it out with the spare and wheel late into the night. Loaded it on the trailer with no carnage.

Just a week ago I made my fourth trip since the rebuild this time i had a great feel for the rig and was confident enough to turn the reins over to my son on saturday night. Keep in mind my son has grown into a young man, he is 15 and 6'5" tall. he climed some trails that waould make me a little uneasy and as the night got darker we headed down a steep drop off, gassed it to soon causing us to bounce a bit which sheared a lower trunion, broke a longfield and a ring gear all at the same time. Lets hope thats the extent of the damage. :)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
updates

long time updates... the last year ive spent building a bad ass jeep for a good friend and his son. The build was a success and im proud to say ive turned out a going rig. finished its first race after leaving my shop just a week before. Im now back on mine and linking the front as well as oil pan skid and wheel base stretch hope it works out as planned. this thing has become a disaster to rebuild. nothing is square enough for me anymore. It makes it hard to continue working on it knowing it no longer fits the desirable build level I wish to achive. With that said its still pretty neat and will work just fine.

421 - 424 of 424 Posts