TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you are interested in going to the dunes, so here's a few pics for motivation. Quick trip for the weekend, just 3 vehicles so we covered alot of ground. Friday night went to Olds. Saturday morning went to China Wall, Lizard Hill, Brawley Slide, Honda Point, Banshee Point, and Olds. After lunch on Saturday we went back to Olds, over to K12, and out to Gecko Road for the sand drags. Saturday night back out to Olds. Then Sunday we went to Olds, over to K12, and spent the morning duning in the HUGE bowls in that area.

On the way to China Wall

Above Lizard Hill looking towards China Wall

China Wall

Looking towards Olds from K12

Bowl below K12

On the top of K12, the highest point above sea level in the Imperial Sand Dunes

·
Registered
72 Posts
fuck, we covered a lot of ground just saturday morning for having Miller's crawler in the sand. (granted, I've seen much better suited vehicles in the sand struggle much more due to driver idiocy lol) as in... every hill on the northside of the closures in a few hours pretty much.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So where are the pictures of Miller climbing China Wall? And K2? Been going to Glamis since 62 and I recognize the bowl but never heard of it being called that.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So where are the pictures of Miller climbing China Wall? And K2? Been going to Glamis since 62 and I recognize the bowl but never heard of it being called that.
I couldn't make China wall on a straight shot, but did get to the top on the side. And K12 is more of a point, although we did try to go up the face of the bowl:eek:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never been there but is there any walls or hills a bike (stockish) WONT make?
Depends on the size of the rider, size of the bike, and how big of a run you get at it. Seen some 175-200lb guys on 125's not do good(obviously). And some 200+ pound guys on 250's not make it. Lots of guys on big bikes and quads out there. The Wall is the next dune past China Wall in the closure area and I've heard that one is the steepest, tallest, and softest of all the hills, as in Comp to China Wall is China Wall to The Wall.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I forgot to say, the bowl is up over Olds, most of the way towards the Lookout at the highway and is on the south side of the highest point in that area(K12). I'm sure you already knew that though, I hope to be duning it for 45+ years!!!:xbeer3:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Never been there but is there any walls or hills a bike (stockish) WONT make?
Rick, we need to go out, I'll bring my 450 as well. You ride alot, so you'd have zero issues, we can pretty much run up the steep sections of the biggest bowls without issues...good times!!!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Rick, we need to go out, I'll bring my 450 as well. You ride alot, so you'd have zero issues, we can pretty much run up the steep sections of the biggest bowls without issues...good times!!!
LET ME KNOW WHEN

and not during the week
I havent rode since new years in farmington, hit the ground pretty hard (broke helmet), and havent wanted to get back on yet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts