TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 2004 PreRunner D-Cab to get up some extra cash to pay on credit cards. Once I sell it(finishing up with the sale next Saturday) I'm looking at a 2000 4Runner 4WD SR5 Sport Edition.

The only vehicle I've owned with over a 100k miles was a 92 Pontiac Sunbird that had 113k when I got it.. and by 130k it got a cracked head. Then I got a 2000 Tacoma PreRunner with 90k, and now my 2004 doublecab I bought new.

The 4Runner has 145k on it right now. He said the timing belt has been replaced, but I haven't checked for records to prove it.

Other than the timing belt what could be something to be worried about once the mileage starts creeping up on the 3.4L V6's.

And if he doesn't have any records showing the timing belt was replaced, what are some signs that it may need to be replaced soon?

I think with the Auburn tag alone it is worth his asking price even if it isn't running. I think it's the Auburn tag which sold my truck as quickly as it did once it hit AutoTrader(even tho he claims to be a GA Bulldogs fan.)

·
Registered
395 Posts
The easiest way to check the timing belt is to pull the front top cover loose. The one that says 3400 on it. 10mm bolts and loosen the radiator hose clamp. (Be sure the engine is cool). Pull it out and you can see the belt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts