TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the going rate for a front IFS differential with new 5.29 gears and a detroit locker? Im trying to sell mine but dont know what to ask.
Out of a 92 4cyl

·
Registered
447 Posts
Don't know if it will fit but I've got a '95 Pickup front diff from a V6 truck that I'll sell you for $100 plus shipping. It's got the factory 4.10's in it right now so you would have to add the locker and 5.29's.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TruckinT said:
Don't know if it will fit but I've got a '95 Pickup front diff from a V6 truck that I'll sell you for $100 plus shipping. It's got the factory 4.10's in it right now so you would have to add the locker and 5.29's.
I dont need the diff, I am trying to sell my diff with 5.29s/detroit and I am wondering how much to ask. Sorry if i was unclear.

·
Registered
447 Posts
My bad, must have missed something. As far as what to ask, it seems to me that it's a lose lose situation when it comes to recuperating what you've put into it. Depending on what condition it's in, how many miles, etc., I would look to ask around 60 to 70% of it's value new. I wouldn't put too much value into the diff itself because if you ask too much, most people would rather buy a diff or use their current one and build it up with new parts. Say you spent $500 on the locker and $200 on the gears, 65% of $700 would be something like $455.

Sorry, I thought way too much into that, but whatever, hope it helps. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It would cost 450 minimum for someone to regear their truck to 5.29's so its worth way more than a 100- but how many people are actually going to run 5.29's, much less a detroit up front on an ifs truck?
You could probably sell it for 500 pretty easy, if you were willing to wait for the person that needed it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
well the u-pull it place here charge $100 for the chunk, i am about to buy a stock front end with 4.10 gears for $50 i think that is a good deal myself, i would say 400-500 with a locker is fair price. also red runner if you do sell your chunk i would put my name on the list to buy it for that. so in short get more than $100 for your dif.

jesse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
gixxerjesse
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing