TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If every thing gos according to plan, I will be heading to Buena Vista in may for at least 2 years. I will be working as a raft guide, and need some new wheelin buddies to show me some trails.
Luke,

·
20,355 Posts
I dont live down that way, but i end up wheeling the area 3 or so weekends a year.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Toyota700 is from Arkansas too. What is with that? And you're working on the Arkansas River...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Word. :cool:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are great trails in the BV area!! Hurry up and get out here will ya!
I would hurry up and get out there if I didn't have school. I'v been out there several times and love it. My dad lived close to Woodland Park for a long time. I can't wait. The Arkansas is almost a whole different river out there.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. You are one of the few that knew what that ment. Are there an COTTORA members the whitewater kayak?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I have an OLD SKOOL Dancer long boat, but I suck. I can roll, in calm water. Maybe you'll take me out for lessons!

Not sure about other members though.

Oh and if you are hard core, you gotta do Gore Canyon (between Kremling and State bridge) Kayak's only. A raft can't make it through. Class 5 all the way....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can teach you how to roll in some swift water like some 3s n 4s. I don't know if im that hard core to run 5s the whole way, the worst I'v ran is some 4s. But I might try it. I have kayaked a few rivers in CO before, the Yampa, and the Gunnison, and some on the Arkansas around BV.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
My folks live in Steamboat... I'd like to try the yampa maybe! There are also large clean ponds that I could work on the roll again. (At least a T-rescue!!)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There's one section on the yampa in Steamboat where the yakers play. It's got gates setup and everything to practice manuvers. The rest of the Yampa is for tubers looking for a nice leisurely float through downtown.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Ah yes, gotta love school. I finished my last class last night for this semester. Now to finish the paper for that class...

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I know the two sections you speak of. The gates are near the rabbit ears motel and the wave is by the bridge next to the library. I've watched yaker's play there many a-time!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I am sure it is, but the danger aspect is a lot higher! I grew up rafting (My folks still have the 4 person avon frame raft up in steamboat) Kayaking is a lot more scarry to me than 4wheeling though. Hell I've rolled more in Tippy (my rig) than I have in a boat! :rofl:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts