TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed down to baja after xmas, stayed in puerto nuevo after eating my bacon wrapped cheese stuffed shrimp, then headed south the next day. lost tension on the alternator belt in ensenada, drove to my friend Juan’s place to fix her up...

drove on down to Laguna Chapala and banged a left on the wash board...

saw this guy freezing in his truck so I hooked him up with my TKT jacket. He is getting more surgery so keep your thoughts with him. oh yeah the pacificos were bien frios!

Kept on driving and found the San Luis Gonzaga, the winds were howling...

Tried to camp out of the wind just past papa fernandez’s place but it howled all night...

Me llamo Miguelitro por eso... and thats my old lady Raquel...

plenty of dead trees for a fire thankfully...

woke up to nice weather so i dressed fashionably!

loaded up on beer, tequila and margerita mix and headed about 20 miles north to this camp site, oh yeah, the road sucked worse than chupacabra...

water was cold so didn’t do any fishing...
Since we were heading to the house south of San Felipe we decided to soak in the Puertecitos hot springs for a bit!

Went into town for beers and shrimp tacos at Bar miramar, got some spending pesos for the party and headed into to Percebu to ring in the nuevo ano...
my brother and I...

wtf

Hit the road into Mexicali, drove up to TKT and crossed in 30 minutes.
Great Trip!
Mike

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the paved road extends @8 miles s of Pcitos an dis currently in great shape but it wont last unless they clean off the numerous rock slides onto the asphalt...get it while you can i guess:D
Mike

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I realized that i blew it on the sequence and shit but I was in a hurry so fuck it lol

Coco was leaving his spot on the 30th to go to Guererro Negro to have a another operation on his leg, they are removing the knee joint as it is giving him problems. seeing coco always makes me remember that no matter how big my problems seem they are insignificant...

next trip is the 250...going to contingency then puertecitos to camp/fish/dive/soak/tomar/comer and of course watch the race where it comes closest to camp...probably behind the dump at santa marta...:D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wash board from chapala to cocos

fire

los caballeros del nuevo ano

mi ruca y yo

another camp shot

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
next trip is the 250...going to contingency then puertecitos to camp/fish/dive/soak/tomar/comer and of course watch the race where it comes closest to camp...probably behind the dump at santa marta...:D
I'm so there! Bring your bike?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah kayaks and fishing/diving gear:D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll ride drink, i mean drink sweep, i mean drink...

·
Registered
720 Posts
And isn't this the first Baja-based thread where someone hasn't said: "aren't you afraid to go down there; getting your head cut off and stuffed in a cardboard box by some drug cartel guy?"

Baja is self-selecting: if you get it, you get it, and if you don't, you don't. And for those of us who get it, we're happy that the hand-wringers stay safely at home, glued to their TVs eating Cheetos.

I'll be down there for the SF250 with COPS.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And isn't this the first Baja-based thread where someone hasn't said: "aren't you afraid to go down there; getting your head cut off and stuffed in a cardboard box by some drug cartel guy?"

Baja is self-selecting: if you get it, you get it, and if you don't, you don't. And for those of us who get it, we're happy that the hand-wringers stay safely at home, glued to their TVs eating Cheetos.

I'm scared of the united states, I feel way safer south of the border...
mike

·
Registered
274 Posts
baja

Amen. Well said!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts