TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Western Digital 250gb external drive for $99 bucks. I just thought I might pass that one on for anyone out there looking for an excuse to spend $100 on their computers.

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
i still owe Opposite a damn 60gig that i bought for him and filled with music.
i paid like 140, a LONG time ago.
lol.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Office Depot had a similar deal going on for 200 GB for $80.00. It was just the hard drive, I had to buy the enclosure off of ebay.

I have my external HDD hooked up via 1394 Firewire and it has everything except my OS and a few other essentials on it.

For some reason, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas crashes frequently when installed on the external HDD. I have to keep it installed on the internal one. My internal one is only 30 GB :(

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OS & apps - sata1.5 raid (2 x 40gb drives)

app installers & other backed up data - sata 1.5gb (1 x 200gb)

Music - new external 250gb drive. :)

I had my music scattered on the system drives, and the secondary drive, but things where getting too slow on the raid drives, so that was the reason for getting the external and putting the music on it.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i just built a seperate file server.... runs a 300gb sata drive and then a little 40gb drive with the os and a few programs on it.... my stuff just backs itself up once a day to the sata drive on the other machine. and i can log into the server remotely from my laptop and have access to all of my files when im out doing other stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Interex
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing