TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4wpw has 2 sets of Genuine Gear ring and pinions and 2 master install kits for $399. Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
sounds like a good deal...i dont know how good of a gear that Genuine Gear is.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cooper4x4 said:
sounds like a good deal...i dont know how good of a gear that Genuine Gear is.

Thanks for the quick reply. It just made me realize that I was thinking of the wrong gears. I was thinking Genuine was the good one, but it's Precision. I just need to get some more caffeine in me so I wake up. :D

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
if they are precision gears for the front and rear with the master install kits, that is a kick ass deal. IF they are genuine, then I dont know. I havent seen too many people with those gears.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cooper4x4 said:
if they are precision gears for the front and rear with the master install kits, that is a kick ass deal. IF they are genuine, then I dont know. I havent seen too many people with those gears.

Unfortunately, they're Genuine. Like I said, when I first read the email, I saw "Genuine Gear", and the first thought that came to my head was that they were the good ones that everyone buys. Then when you made the comment about the quality of the gears, my brain started functioning, and I realized that Precision is the good gears. :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
From what I've been told, Genuine gears are crap. They are produced overseas and don't have very strong metal. That's why they offer lifetime warranty's. Suck it up and pay for a good quality set of gears. Your diffs (like your brakes IMO) are things you shouldn't skimp on just to save a few dollars. Do it right the first time.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
What he said ^ Genuine gears are sort of mediocre. I got precision gears 4.88 w/master install kits for about 640.00 . Also for 400 bucks like you were saying, what install kits do they come with? I'd at least recomend the Master for the rear and just a standard for the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts