TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
IMHO, too much $$$, id keep looking.

Unless you want somebody elses project...

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i would try and find a truck that hasn't really been wheeled or abused so that you aren't playing catch up with stuff that has been excessively worn from abuse

·
Registered
145 Posts
Coming from someone who has 202,000 miles on his Tacoma, I would not recommend paying 4500 for one that is a 4 cyl with 183,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vic stuff said:
you sell your 85 i assume?????
yup, looking at a 87 turbo runner for 1800 and this, i thought it was much, but it looks nice. but i cant find anyothers within this price except a 96 w/98kmiles, which is better and its stock im gonna look at that one tommorrow. thanks and keep the replies comin.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
so whats your max you can spend on a rig, thought you were lookin for a ifs truck so you could still haul your quad??

Anywho there are a couple of cheaper rigs i can go get phone numbers for up in my area of town i just wanna make sure you can afford em

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well most likely 2500, i saw 3 runners today and only like one, but havent even seen it yet. just about the new drivetrain, but i guess the body is rusted, but i can get one for about 300 so im not too worried, but one place was talking about a rust free runner and it was trashed. and this other one i didnt like the way it shifted. im gonna miss my 22re, until i get a 3.4 :cool:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Son of Mayhem said:
got an 89 today anyways, talked him down 600, so im happy, just worried about the head gasket. is there anyway to seal it with out takin it apart?
nope.... gotta pull the head and put on a new gasket. the part where it leaks is between cylinders usually. kinda hard to not take it apart to take care of that problem....

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WELL i wont be able to do it till summer rolls around. shit i just did the timing chain on my 85 too. so i will basically need to tear the whole fAwking engine down from and do a head gasket. is there a good shop that does this? i would like to pay to have it done.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
.... there isn't that much that holds the head on there... you could do it in a long day probably without having to take alot of stuff out. its an I4...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tacotoy said:
.... there isn't that much that holds the head on there... you could do it in a long day probably without having to take alot of stuff out. its an I4...
Welp the oil seemed to be bad oil from the previous head exchange, so far so good. Here are some bad pics...Im hoping to throw on 32s or 33s with a locker, a ball joint lift and chevy rears. :D This one is way more powerful than my 85, and its only got 3000 less miles, but in good shape.

This body is SUPER straight, no dents, just two rust spots, that i repaired with rustoleum and bondo and you can't even tell. now its up to the graduation gifts to finish it till summer rolls around.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks, those are the rims im talkin about vic! just as soon as i get the new ones, hopefully next week! then on to tires, and i probably will do more over the summer as money allows.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts