TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes, that's a fine welder, for light fabrication. You really don't want to use a 110V welder for heavy duty stuff like bumpers, sliders and other stuff that might be abused, but it's great for sheetmetal work and other thinner materials. My dad has this exact welder and it's a great machine. If you do try to weld thicker metal, use the flux cored wire and turn the sucker up as high it will go.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
I've used that welder to build almost everything on my truck. Bumpers, sliders, bed cage, panhard bar brackets, tube inserts, most everything really. You'll be fine using it, Jim :) I weld 1/4" stuff all the time, have yet to have a failure.

Edit: I use .035 flux core. Does just fine for sheet metal and heavy stuff :) Bobbing my bed wasn't bad at all

·
Registered
801 Posts
Marshytaco said:
Yes, that's a fine welder, for light fabrication. You really don't want to use a 110V welder for heavy duty stuff like bumpers, sliders and other stuff that might be abused, but it's great for sheetmetal work and other thinner materials. My dad has this exact welder and it's a great machine. If you do try to weld thicker metal, use the flux cored wire and turn the sucker up as high it will go.
Say wha?? I've welded 5/16 and 1/4 with my 110 welder. Made my entire bumper with it and several sets of control arms. None have failed and the bumper has been used on several occasions to pull my 4runner out of trouble.

Super Doody, I have used that exact same welder to put sliders on a few different trucks and it works fine. They make an adapter to allow you to use larger spools of wire. I would recommend getting that and a gas setup so you can use it as a MIG.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys I so is 320$ a pretty good deal? assuming its new and not stolen or a scam

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great Price!!!

I have that exact machine. I bought it from Home Depot and paid close to $460. I think it is a great first machine. Sure, I would like a bigger one now, 220v, but it has worked very well for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Brent13
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing