TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to start? Well, I don't want to extend this out so I will start at the beginning and end at the end!;)

Effective July 31st, I will no longer be the InTTORA chapter president. That honor will go to Nate (this may come to a surprise to him depending on if he reads his pm's or the board first)

I have accepted a new employment position out of state and will no longer be eligible to hold the position. By the by-laws of Ttora, I needed to appoint my successor which normally goes to the v.p which at present we do not have. Therefore I selected Nate since he has been the most active for some time.

So there everyone has it! Good luck to everyone I will be lurking from time to time. Where I'm going the only use my 4wd will get is in the snow :(
Therefore I will probably be back in the area to get my trail fix!

Take care all! Asta la vista!!!!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I said originally, looks like good news for everyone! I got a pm from Nate this morning so he knows what's going on. I believe the chapter is in good hands but I'm sure y'all can reassure him by showing him everyone's support!

So everyone take a minute and let him know you support this latest positive evolution ( there's that word again) for the chapter.

I wish everyone the best! But I'll still be around from time to time

B

·
1,860 Posts
i would like to begin by asking if anyone has objections to me taking this appointment...if so please make it known. if not, please pm me with contact info and lets build this to the very active, close knit chapter that it has the potential to be.

·
4,068 Posts
I believe fuod has the current (2 yrs ago) list, I think I paid for the website for 5 yrs last time around, and Bear has the signs and Redbird trail info.

·
1,860 Posts
i go on a 10 day on 1 day off schedule starting 29th till mid october. if possible id like to do a trail run during the week since i will only end up with 1 or 2 weekend days off in the next 3 months......the 84 i just bought is rather stock minus the lift and 33s. hopefully get busy on it real soooooon.

·
4,068 Posts
i go on a 10 day on 1 day off schedule starting 29th till mid october. if possible id like to do a trail run during the week since i will only end up with 1 or 2 weekend days off in the next 3 months......the 84 i just bought is rather stock minus the lift and 33s. hopefully get busy on it real soooooon.
Stick a set of longfileds of Dirty30's in the 84 and wheel it to the ground.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The signs were never returned to me when jeep crasher filled in for me when we adopted the red bird trail.

As for the red bird information. Our contact(s) are Bruce (redbird runner) and or his son. Both board members. Just need to contact either one of them when you want to organize a clean up or work weekend (I believe) a week or two in advance of proposed weekend.

As for the website, I believe it has already lapsed. I haven't spoken to fuod in a few months but I can possible next week for you.

MARK: I'm going to the plains!!!! Believe it or not I found a state with more corn than Indiana...going to Iowa. Not crazy about area other than being on the Mississippi which isn't the prettiest body of water but plenty of it around :)

I will be doing photography full time again. I have been doing it for awhile again, but this new job I don't have worry about company promotion any longer & I am back in the corporate world

·
1,860 Posts
jeep crasher is ur buddy correct....so the signs should be able to be returned---assumably---
i am still in contact with bruce outside of ttora so i should be able to continue that relationship.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Bear congrats, you are that much closer to the wheeling up in the Dakotas and Colorado, so i think its a good move. Look into the Make it Or Break it offroad club, they host the tall corn event, and they own an old strip mine out by ames Iowa. I went wheeling there once, and it was fun. Congrats to Nate, i really have to get out and wheel again with you guys.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't Kurt Renauld part of that group? He invited me out to their property,gosh 6-7 years ago. I completely forgot about the tall corn event. Maybe there's hope for wheeling after all! Lol

Thanks for the encouragement. No, seriously, I was figuring my truck was just going to waste away.

I'm feeling confident Nate is going to do everyone very proud!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Isn't Kurt Renauld part of that group? He invited me out to their property,gosh 6-7 years ago. I completely forgot about the tall corn event. Maybe there's hope for wheeling after all! Lol
I have no idea, i just know i went wheeling there during tall corn 2007.

Wasnt your truck wasting away anywy?? :D

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well since no one else knows him or where he lives can you make an attempt to recover the signs for the chapter?

I will try to do what I can, but I am already in Iowa, officially "commuting" so its still an outside chance on one of the weekends Im back in Indy
So now I am gonna have to go to Iowa to wheel with Bear attack :D
it's a possibility but I got to figure out where the first rock is located! all I have seen so far is flat prairies and corn fields! but rumor has it that Des Moines but that is a hall for you guys!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm across the river from moline. The job is in davenport.

I'm hoping to add some extra toys to the driveway once I figure out where the driveway is going to be. Pam is already wanting a jet ski & I'm thinking a motorcycle will be good for com minuting until it gets frosty. And what would living on the water w/o a good fishing & ski platform

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Marty! But it's still feeling like a "banishment". Currently just have my dogs & an air mattress here in Iowa.

Man that still sounds strange to me...Iowa and I've been here almost 6 weeks now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts