TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Its nothing hardcore or rock climbimg but theres some cool logging roads up behind scotts mills and such, right now in this weather theres like 18" of snow up there. And if your a badass and can climb the packed snow/ice trails then theres this fire watch tower at the top with the best view ive ever seen! you can see 3 mountains in washington, hood, jefferson, washington, three sisters, three finger jack, marys peak. And the whole vally, from portland to about eugene! too bad i forgot my camera that day :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeti said:
Its nothing hardcore or rock climbimg but theres some cool logging roads up behind scotts mills and such, right now in this weather theres like 18" of snow up there. And if your a badass and can climb the packed snow/ice trails then theres this fire watch tower at the top with the best view ive ever seen! you can see 3 mountains in washington, hood, jefferson, washington, three sisters, three finger jack, marys peak. And the whole vally, from portland to about eugene! too bad i forgot my camera that day :(
I've heard of a place like this in Gifford Pincah(sp?) National Forest... got some badass pictures of hood from up in there. Wonder what it looks like now with helens smokin.

·
Registered
102 Posts
theres some light 4wheelin to be had above promontory park on hwy 224 out of estacada. take a left when promontory is on the right and go left again(by the silverfox rv park) and follow the road up the mountain. youll find old logging roads and lost of mud holes along the way. pm me if you ever wanna go, ill come with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.