TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 33 mtr's and wonder how low i should go to get traction on the sand realzing that I might have to drive 5+ miles to air back up

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Masterj981 said:
I have 33 mtr's and wonder how low i should go to get traction on the sand realzing that I might have to drive 5+ miles to air back up
Start at about 10 and keep going down if you are having trouble getting stuck.

Later,
....Mike

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
It depends largely on the consitancy of the sand and the drivers skill in it.

Personally since I do stretches of beach that are constantly changing in depth softness and consitancy over 120 mile trips in the sand I tend to stay up at 15 PSI. It's a good compromise. If the sand is nothing byut powder I will drop to 10 or less but usually my sand driving is intermittant powder and hardpacked sand with the need for aggressive manuveruing to avoid debris.

Differnt sand will need differnt apporaches, it's kinda a learn as you go deal.

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Masterj981 said:
As Mike and Bryanccfshr pointed out in the sand lower psi work better. Also keep in mind what time of day you set the psi. If set in the morning by afternoon they will be back up a few psi so check them again. I'm sure you'll feel it getting stuck easier if that happens.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd start at 15-12psi and see if that does it. If you get stuck, then drop it down as low as 10 or less. I'd try not to go lower than that because like you said it can be a hassle if you don't have on board air and you have to crawl back to civilization to pump back up. Also if you pop a bead that would be worse than getting stuck in sand IMO. Also I keep it in 4WD at all times in the sand unless it's desert sand that is more coarse and not typically as deep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts