TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a really good scratch remover; I have a ton of scratches on my truck. I've tried Mothers and Blue Coral and both do nothing. What is a really good scratch remover and where do I get it? Thanks

P.S. I don't know if this is important but the truck is Dark Green (Imperial Jade Mica)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
bump, i'd also like to know...black pearl and scratches do not mix.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I need a really good scratch remover;
jsut saw on TV, hotrod or something like it. TurtleWax new Platium line wax.
they said it fills in straches. I haven't tried it yet but will get some next time I need wax.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mequires is what I use and it seems to do the job

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
cool, i'll try the scratch-X first

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'v had good luck with Mothers they have a 3 step process: 1-cleaner, 2-sealer,3- carnuba wax. It takes a little effort but always seem to get rid of my "desert pinstriping".

·
Registered
161 Posts
Depending on how deep the scratches are, actually removing them rather then hiding them might yield better results.

Even if it's too deep to remove entirely, polishing a scratch will remove the sharp edges of it so it won't be so noticeable.

As for a product to use, any mild polish should do the trick. Wax after polishing and that will be about as good as it gets.

Also it's tough to polish through the clear coat so don't worry about that; unless you're using a machine and agressive polishes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I need a really good scratch remover; I have a ton of scratches on my truck. I've tried Mothers and Blue Coral and both do nothing. What is a really good scratch remover and where do I get it? Thanks

P.S. I don't know if this is important but the truck is Dark Green (Imperial Jade Mica)
Meguiars is pretty good, but I would use some 3M compound it will take the scratches out. Or take it to a good bodyshop and have them high speed buff it, that will get rid of a lot of scratches.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i got my green taco used and the prevous owner used some touchup paint and i got lil ridges where scratches were. is it worth trying to take off and buff out or not??
RENEGADE76254

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have always had success using GS27. They now have two types: One for shallow scratches and one for deep scratches. Although I've never used their deep scratch polish.

So how do you tell if it's a deep scratch or a shallow scratch? Pull your fingernail lightly over the scratch. If it catches in the scratch, then it's a deep scratch. If it goes over smothly, then it's a light scratch. Their light scratch remover is NOT color coded (it's white), but be prepared to pay a lot for a tube about the size of a regular tube of toothpast - costs around $15.00 - got mine at Wal-Mart.

Hope this helps,

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts