TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just picked up a few new arms over the past couple weeks, and have really been itching to go try them out just target shooting and whatnot, and just wondering besides the ranges, if anyone has any good spots that they like to go shooting in Northern CO, specifically the Loveland/Fort Collins area, and even if it is a ways away, and requires some wheeling, thats totally fine, just wanted to hear about your guys' spots. here is the new arsenal.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
excellent setup. I have a few places that are "locals only" up near estes I like to shoot. The kind of places you cant find without someone who knows where they are going.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What upper are you using for the .22 ar? I ha a tacsol one that I loved but I sold it like an idiot.
It is actually a dedicated .22 rifle from colt, it is used for Military training as the specs and weight are 99% identical to the .223 version. It is a VERY well made gun, and they make the M4 and the M16 in both standard and tactical, and it is all mil-spec and can use any AR accessories. I headed up to Pawnee yesterday and shot 1000+ rounds through it without one issue and it is accurate as hell, I'm not a great shooter by any means but I was making 2" groups at over 100 yards, and it is fun as hell. I was going to do a .22 conversion on my AK but after pricing everything, I came across a killer deal. Big 5 sporting goods had the M16 on sale for $399 for new years, reguar price $599, and I "found" a 10% off coupon so I got it for $359 and I couldn't be more happy with it. Here is a link to Colt's Rimfire Rifles. http://www.colt22rimfire.com/

·
Registered
310 Posts
How is pawnee? I want to find a place to distance shoot my rem700 in 223 but cant find anywhere. I havent even sighted it in yet! I am currently unemployed so if you go up during the week (or weekend) shoot me a pm i'd love to join.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is pawnee? I want to find a place to distance shoot my rem700 in 223 but cant find anywhere. I havent even sighted it in yet! I am currently unemployed so if you go up during the week (or weekend) shoot me a pm i'd love to join.
I thought it was great aside fom the cold and wind. I hear it can get crazy on weekends, but on a tues morning, there were only two guys out there, but there is good room between areas so it isn't so cramped, but it is pretty trashed, and we filled up a box with trash when we left, just to help clean up the area as most people could care less about it. HAHA I am currently unemployed too, I would love to go, just shoot me a PM when you want to go and I am down for sure! Here are a few vids of my buddy shooting the Colt and the AK.

·
20,355 Posts
You have to go and find them but there are a few good spots.
I stay away from there on the weekends now though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are there any longer disntance areas to shoot there? I have a clay thrower as well if its not too windy
Yeah there are pleanty of spots, we were just shooting clays and plinking there, but it's pretty open for rifle shooting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts