TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddies son just turned 16. Im trying to find a place that would be good for him to start to learn how to off-road. Is there any place that has some nice mellow climbs/hills where a kid can learn some things without risking his "new" ride and injury to himself and/or others? His "new" ride is an '86 Toyota 4x4 pickup. :woot:

·
Registered
128 Posts
My buddies son just turned 16. Im trying to find a place that would be good for him to start to learn how to off-road. Is there any place that has some nice mellow climbs/hills where a kid can learn some things without risking his "new" ride and injury to himself and/or others? His "new" ride is an '86 Toyota 4x4 pickup. :woot:
I recommend 11 mile wash. It is out south of Horseshoe lake turnoff, on Bartlett Lake RD. It is a sandy wash and has hills all over the place. It is easily spotted when going down Bartlett Lake Rd. as it's the section that is wide open, and heading towards Bartlett you go down into the wash and then up hill as you leave the wash area heading on to Bartlett.

John

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea. I forgot about that spot. Thanks! :)
I'll have tp post pics. of his first 4x4 trip in which he is the driver.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Hey Chris,
Go up 4 peaks, or out to Montana Mtn, or Mineral Mtn, or up to Seven Springs Road, Bloody Basin Rd, or out to the Coves/Butcher Jones area at Saguarro Lake. All good areas for someone to get some seat time.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutly, those are ALL good ones. I was ruleing out 4 peaks because there are some drops that might freak the poor kid out. Seven springs is a good one too, and probably the one We will take. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts