TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

What kind of mileage have you been getting out of your tires?

I've gotten....

90,000 miles from the stock Good Year Wrangler GS/A's (Stock on '99s)
88,xxx miles from replacement Good Year Wrangler AT/S's so far, with 1/4" of tread left.


I'm up for a new set and will probably stick with the GY's. I did see the BFGs in the local Costco. Are these anywhere near as durable as the GY's?

I have a '99 V6 4x4 TRD, drive 30k miles/year about 85% hwy 10% city and 5% snow/offroad.

Thanks!

Punani (formerly known as DonV1)
NorCal

(Edit...I meant stock GS/A's)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,287 Posts
Holy cow!!! 90,000 miles? I've heard people on here that smoke through the stock tires in 30k miles. I've ran the BFG A/T and they are good tires. Honestly, stick with what works. If the Goodyears are treating you fine, then stay with them. The BFGs are a bit more aggresive, and will probably give you more traction in the snow/ice, but will likely wear faster.
 

·
Stinks like fish
Joined
·
986 Posts
04RedLobster said:
i'm thinking about getting BFG A/T KO 32x11.5x15...i heard good things on those tires...i also heard the bridgestone duler revos were good also... www.tirerack.com check it out..

Get whatever tire you like, either of those are fine all weather road and light AT tires.. I think the REVOS are probably a more refined tire, while the BFG's are a proven design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShowStop said:
Holy cow!!! 90,000 miles? I've heard people on here that smoke through the stock tires in 30k miles. I've ran the BFG A/T and they are good tires. Honestly, stick with what works. If the Goodyears are treating you fine, then stay with them. The BFGs are a bit more aggresive, and will probably give you more traction in the snow/ice, but will likely wear faster.

Yeah! I was surprised. Didn't think it would last that long, considering that the GY dealer quotes 50-60k miles. Definitely worth the extra cost.

Don't know what it is...I just keep them rotated every 5k miles. :D
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,773 Posts
Punani said:
Hey Everyone,
I've gotten....

90,000 miles from the stock Good Year Wrangler GS/A's (Stock on '99s)
88,xxx miles from replacement Good Year Wrangler AT/S's so far, with 1/4" of tread left.
I usually get atleast 50-60K (BFG's AT's) on my tires before I retire them to spares or trail use.

I don't doubt that you still have tread left on your tires- but do you think its safe running that much mileage on them? I figure anything over 50-60K and a tire has done its job. Do they still have good traction in the rain?
That would be my main concern- You've got alot "riding" on your tires so to speak.

The reason I mention this is that another TX member gave away his old Mich LTX's (I think) - which he logged over 60K - the tires still appear to have well over 3/32 of tread left but. They've been passed around and have probably the same ~90K on them - but I've heard you've really gotta be careful in the rain.
 

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
Joined
·
1,700 Posts
Punani said:
Hey Everyone,

What kind of mileage have you been getting out of your tires?

I've gotten....

90,000 miles from the stock Good Year Wrangler GS/A's (Stock on '99s)
88,xxx miles from replacement Good Year Wrangler AT/S's so far, with 1/4" of tread left.


I'm up for a new set and will probably stick with the GY's. I did see the BFGs in the local Costco. Are these anywhere near as durable as the GY's?

I have a '99 V6 4x4 TRD, drive 30k miles/year about 85% hwy 10% city and 5% snow/offroad.

Thanks!

Punani (formerly known as DonV1)
NorCal

(Edit...I meant stock GS/A's)
Thats pretty awesome, since i have the black letters facing out on my stock bfgs that really messed them up. When i bought my wheelers black alloys i got tired of the white letters facing out so i had them switch the black letters facing out and that was at 32K since i did that i get a vibtration in the steering wheel I have 37K on my stock tires and im looking into the bridgestone dualer revos.
 

·
Kill Yourself!
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
I got ok milage with my MT/R's. It depends on how much you drive and how much wheeling you do. I know I would not trade my tires for anything else right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Punani said:
Hey Everyone,

What kind of mileage have you been getting out of your tires?

I've gotten....

90,000 miles from the stock Good Year Wrangler GS/A's (Stock on '99s)
88,xxx miles from replacement Good Year Wrangler AT/S's so far, with 1/4" of tread left.
I'd say you have us all beat. I don't think I've ever gone more than about 40k miles on a set of tires without replacing them. They may still look ok at that mileage but if it seems like my wet traction starts to suffer I'll end up getting a new set before winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Love the BFG's

I like the At's for performance and reliability oh yeah and they look good but enough about looks they are actually very quiet on the highway do ok in water and do great offroad though there have been a few situations i would have prefered to have the MT's current mileage 25,000 also have a almost new set for sale!

Aaron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I bought a set of Yokohama Geolander HT/S's .

I got 30k off my stock Rugged Trail's. Damn tire shop screwed up my alignment, and ate the tread right off the front tires. ARRGG.. Of course they aren't responsible.

Anyways, the Yoko's are quiet, and 100% better traction when wet. My Rugged Trails would peel out if it got the slightest bit wet. Now I have to really get on the gas to break loose the Yoko's.

These are a On-road tire tread, but are still somewhat agressive. Good Snow ratings.

Check out http://www.tirerack.com That's where I bought them, and had them delivered to a local tire shop, who did all the mounting and stuff. Cost me less than actually buying them from the shop alone. (I asked)
 

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
Joined
·
208 Posts
What size are the ones you have for sale???
 

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
Joined
·
208 Posts
I think I would have chosen a different forum name....

Are we talkin' as in "VooDoo Punani". Tell me you aren't calling yourself "Pu**y". Please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
I've got the factory Bridgestone's on my Prerunner, with 73,500 on them. I've already got another set to replace them with, just been really lazy.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top