TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year TC and I joined up with Jim and Bo and about 200 of their family and friends for a big ass campin trip up on the Rim...... It was a great time for sure but this year we opted for a little quieter option to the same campout...... 40± peeps around the campfire singin and jokin until 2 AM is out of my league for relaxation...... This year TC shared one of his favorite campin spots with us that was merely a ¼ mile from the big croud that was Jim and Bo's group......

Cristina and I rolled into camp about 9 on Friday night, 30± minutes to set up and another 30 minutes or so at the campfire and we were out...... Somethin about 7500 feet above sea level, Pine, fresh air.

Saturday morning we got up when we felt like it as there was no schedule at all for this trip.... In fact, I was the one that said "I drug this junk all the way up here, lets go drive it around" or we would of lounged in camp all day.......

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was pure torture to have lunch and drive in these conditions..... I tell ya.....

We cruised around on some of Thoms favorite hunting roads and came accross many meadows but none like this one;

we worked our way back to the main Bull & Bo camp but since I had a nightmare camoing trip to this same location about 7 years ago I wanted to check out a trail I remembered from then. It was more of a quad/side x side trail but it was fun any way;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got to the top of the ridge to a T and this was to the right;

We werent getting under that down tree plus it was a dead end anyway do we went the other direction;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Donna was about ready to shoot me at this point;

At the top of the next ridge we had this view;

Mormon Lake (meadow) in the foreground and the San Fransisco Peaks in the back ground

To the west;
(Yeas thats a fire but theoretically a controlled fire)

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were above this big ass playground and had to make our way down. :donna: Donna had enough;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone made it to the bottom of the hills and I went to apologize to Donna :donna: for bringin her down this and she said, and I quote "Oh, its alright I dont want to stop him from havin any fun. GET OFF THAT ROCK" All in the same breath;

Cristina and I about fell over laughin so damn hard........ It was perfect timing..... this is why we love Donna on the trail..........

Here is the view from the bottom of the pit;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We then took a standard FS road back down to the Jim & Bo camp but saw this on the way;

We made our way to the Jim & Bo camp where we hung out for an hour or so and then decided it was time to hit our camp for some dinner. While dinner was coooking I grabbed some pics of the camp. It really sucked here;
The Namesake;

Cristina loungin by the fire pit;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sunday we got up and hung out for a while, I saw a coyote runnin the perimeter of the meadow and we headed out to Hutch Mountain lookout and fire tower. On the way up we saw another one of these;

We got to the gate and it was locked closed, here is another sign near by;

8200 feet and 400 more to go and we were denied...... :boo:

We turned around and headed back to camp to load up and reluctantly head home....... :boo:

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the way up Friday night we noticed they had a controlled burn goin on right at the 260/87 split above Strawberry...... it was dark and the fire was right next to the road but the camera wasnt handy to catch the eerie glow was in the forest..... on the way back we caught a couple but no where near as cool or scary as Friday night;

Another awesome weekend out with my girl and this time with great friends.........

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sounds like it could be noisy in camp. Jim with the red Jeep from Flag?
Orange CJ5 that has been stretched...... In my Brutal video posted earlier. There's also Big Jim and his red JK??

And yea, that many drunks singin and laughin and fallin over around a campfire were quite loud so we opted for the meadow a ¼ mile away. :cool:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Orange CJ5 that has been stretched...... In my Brutal video posted earlier. There's also Big Jim and his red JK??

And yea, that many drunks singin and laughin and fallin over around a campfire were quite loud so we opted for the meadow a ¼ mile away. :cool:
Forgot about him, we don't use his first name much at work, still need to get out wheeling with him. Yeah Big jim would be the JK.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forgot about him, we don't use his first name much at work, still need to get out wheeling with him. Yeah Big jim would be the JK.
Which one? their both Jim..... Big Jim and Jim Bullqwerty or something like that...... we call him Bull (shit) :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts