TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those with gopro videos post em up!

ive been using my gopro for DH mountain bike videos and stuff but recently go the motorsports mount. Took it out for a test run at some local trails, wish that I was able to capture more of the suspension at work. going to have to figure out some other angles are mounting points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyFdw8p3U4

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
dang, what did you hit?
basketball sized rock jumped out and got me. I wanted new rims anyway, those ones were getting pretty squared off. on another note, having the HD cam is great, but you end up with huge video files if you leave it on for any length of time and it's tough for my old cpu to handle rendering them for youtube. I would use it a lot more if I had a new 'puter to handle the video editing. Must be time for a mac, sigh...

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
basketball sized rock jumped out and got me. I wanted new rims anyway, those ones were getting pretty squared off. on another note, having the HD cam is great, but you end up with huge video files if you leave it on for any length of time and it's tough for my old cpu to handle rendering them for youtube. I would use it a lot more if I had a new 'puter to handle the video editing. Must be time for a mac, sigh...
rocks, plural? :p

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
iMovie is one of the easiest editing programs to use. We ended up with almost 10gb of video after Primm all in 1 segment and I was able to cut it all up, adjust the audio, add music, transitions, credits and publish all in about 30 minutes. I know theres way better software out there if you want to get fancy but in terms of quickly editing and publishing good looking HD videos to youtube iMovie is awesome.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
needs one of those lens wiper things that Nascar uses :p
haha, we put a zip lock bag over the camera for the start on sunday but she caught up with a bunch of class 9s midway through the lap and the housing got completely covered. Were going to be running 3 cameras on board for the Mint, talk about a lot of video haha

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
So are these cameras worth the money? I have been thinking about getting one. It's actually a little challenging to ride a quad out of a tree shot in the dunes one handed while shooting video with your cell phone.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
So are these cameras worth the money? I have been thinking about getting one. It's actually a little challenging to ride a quad out of a tree shot in the dunes one handed while shooting video with your cell phone.
My buddy has one and loves it, it's making me want one really bad. He uses it for wakeboarding, snowboarding, jetskiing....

Quality is great, and it's really durable. He did say to spend the extra money for the screen though. He didn't have it before and it was hard aiming it and half the time the video wouldn't come out right.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My buddy has one and loves it, it's making me want one really bad. He uses it for wakeboarding, snowboarding, jetskiing....

Quality is great, and it's really durable. He did say to spend the extra money for the screen though. He didn't have it before and it was hard aiming it and half the time the video wouldn't come out right.
There are only two models right? One with the screen and one without.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Correct, but I believe you can add the screen to the non screen version at a later date

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Correct, but I believe you can add the screen to the non screen version at a later date
Of course it will probably cost twice as much to retrofit the non screen version as it would to just buy the one with the screen in the first place.

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have a couple of Go-Pros and they're awesome. I've used it fishing, snowborading wheeling and just for normal pictures. I have one HERO HD and one HERO 960 as a secondary camera.

Of course it will probably cost twice as much to retrofit the non screen version as it would to just buy the one with the screen in the first place.
its $79.99 to add the LCD bac-pac no matter when you add it, just save you shipping to get it all at once

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/lcd-bacpac/

to be able to use the pac-pacs you have the buy the HERO HD which is the most expensive of the 3 they make at $260. it shoots in 1080p and lower video qualities. It has an additional plug on the back that allows you to attach the LCD and extra battery bac-pacs.

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero-naked-camera/

they make a cheaper camera which they call the HERO 960 which retails for $179 and comes with a few cool mounts. It will shoot in 960p and lower which is still really good quality video.

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero-960-camera/

I shoot in mostly 720p 30 fps to save room on the SD cards since most times we take the cameras out were coming back with 6-8 hours of footage between the 2 cameras and in the higher resolutions the files will be larger to upload and edit.

heres a quick 2 angle video, not the best. im still working on the picture-in-picture stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wdWP2Ky7bY

another cool POV camera out there is the Contour HD GPS. It shoots in 1080p like the HERO HD but also records the cameras GPS location to their own GPS and video editing software.

http://contour.com/camera/contour_gps

1 - 20 of 32 Posts