TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit gorman today with taco4life and another friend, had some fun in the snow, but got stuck in the mud

we were trying to get the truck out so fast because the water was coming in the door that we didnt get any pics of me being pulled out by a frontier (how embarassing)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it claimed my truck til we got taco4life 's rental frontier to pull me out, im just glad it didnt hurt anything

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so that damn hole is a famous one?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
yeah we should go to gorman when it warms up:D

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have entertained a few people hitting that mud pit. It cost me an alternator in my old F-150 and later that day when the mud dried and I was charging the sand washes in 4wd lo it caused my truck over heat and shut down to four cylinders. Good times!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres some more pix

you see i knew it was too deep because i tried just before that, then i though i may be able to make it if i kept the right side outta the water, well i slid in when i got way deep

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hmmm did you have your locker on? Well, that might have been worse for you if you did... Mud terrains of some type MIGHT have helped too... <shrug> I dunno... I give you props for trying that though! ... I try to keep away from the mud and stick to just dirt! lol

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
me too, i had the stock BFG TA's on it, but after the snow ealier that day, my prerunner dug down to the rocks, literally theres not much left of my rear tires, im looking at getting BFG AT's with my paycheck on friday, any input? im gonna start a thread in the newb section if you guys wanna give some imput.

and yes i did have the locker engaged, like i said ive never mudded before, i didnt know what to do for that sort of thing, next time i go im going with people who know how to like ttora members, even though taco4life is one and he was with me i dont think hes ever mudded before either

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
the main rule in muddin is ...HAMMER DOWN!
and for what its worth,bfg at's are a decent tire.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya im getting the bfg at's but just deciding what size will fit with the stock height

1 - 15 of 15 Posts