TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a RB 3" body lift for my 2000 toyota tacoma. but now i have a couple of questions:

1. what size/thickness of hose do i need to extend my fuel filler neck? (i plan to get the size big enough to slip over the stock and then clamp tight)
2. do i need to extend the vent hose too?
3. anything else i should be careful of while installing the body lift?

thanks...dalton

·
Registered
93 Posts
my PA 2" body lift came with a 5" length of 1-3/8" filler hose

·
Registered
115 Posts
you can just cut out your plastic crap around the filler cap and be through with it. It's much easier...I've done one that way and one your way.
Ryan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redneck said:
you can just cut out your plastic crap around the filler cap and be through with it. It's much easier...I've done one that way and one your way.
Ryan
even with a three inch body lift that works to just take off the plastic cover thing?

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
No cutting required, at all.

bigd9247 said:
ok so i got a RB 3" body lift for my 2000 toyota tacoma. but now i have a couple of questions:

1. what size/thickness of hose do i need to extend my fuel filler neck? (i plan to get the size big enough to slip over the stock and then clamp tight)
2. do i need to extend the vent hose too?
3. anything else i should be careful of while installing the body lift?

thanks...dalton
Simply take cap off, remove black plastic piece, put cap back on. Go under truck, half way down filler hose. Unbolt/unscrew support bracket. Get back up, pull hose to desired length (yes it will stretch 3"). When far enough, take cap back off, put black plastic piece back on, put cap back on. Go back under truck with longer bolt (and simple spacer, you figure it out), reattach support bracket and you are done with no cutting.

·
Registered
347 Posts
sweet! I didnt know you could do it without cutting the fuel filler tube, That was one of my hesitations to a BL. So it looks just like stock when your all done?

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
TuRD03 said:
sweet! I didnt know you could do it without cutting the fuel filler tube, That was one of my hesitations to a BL. So it looks just like stock when your all done?
Yup, no butchering required.

Personally I have found the body lift to be the :xdevil: . The filler should be the least of your worries if you truely wheel your rig more than just a few times a year. The biggest problem is that of the pucks "pushing/tearing" through the cab due to increased levels of stress caused by the bl around those points. Many have experienced this problem, yet keep quiet to avoid public bashing :xsmash:. I got help fixing mine, 1/4 steel plates welded in place seems to have put the :xdevil: at bay for the time being. Upon a future SAS, the :xdevil: will be cast out and sent to it's eternal demise.

Good luck on your project. Hopefully you won't partake in the woes that more than a few others have.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Heatstroke for the info... i got the RB kit with the larger pucks... do you think that will keep them from pushing through the body?

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
redneck said:
Ryan
Yeah, sounds like that's what I need to do. The gas cap keeps tripping the check engine light. You think this will solve the problem?

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
redneck said:
Ryan
Yeah, sounds like that's what I need to do. The gas cap keeps tripping the check engine light. You think this will solve the problem?

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
bigd9247 said:
thanks Heatstroke for the info... i got the RB kit with the larger pucks... do you think that will keep them from pushing through the body?
Roger makes a nice kit. As far as puck size, when I measured one from a PA kit and one from the RB kit I found that the RB was about 1/16th to maybe 1/8th larger in diameter. So I don't think that would really make too much difference, but more contact area would help to distribute the stress better. I've seen some bl kits come with warnings that state "Not intended for off road use", where as others don't. In some post bl trauma research, many recommended new body mounts from energy suspensions. I guess the urethane mounts handle the added stress better while kind of easing some of the strain on the cab side. If you don't wheel like you stole it and you do regular spot checks, you'll probably be fine. Maybe myself and others pushed the limits a little much, who knows. Again, have fun with your project.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts