TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I drove about 130 miles from home back to school on the highway, parked my truck and went inside to drop of my stuff. 20 minutes later i do a tacobell run and get this horrible metal grindage sound on right turns, also it will happen on bumps very slightly but nothing that sounds as horrendous as when i turn right. I'm lifted on fabtech coilovers, rolling 33x12.5 mtrs, got manual hubs incase that helps identify it. Are these symptoms of a wheel bearing? I dont see how it could be a cv since i've got manual hubs. Would an outer TRE do this? I'm real worried about it cause i have to drive every day to tech classes and have to drive back home another 130 miles for my pops birthday this weekend so need to get it running smooth before then. Thanks for your time guys this means alot!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check that tomorow for sure, But if that was the case turning would have no effect on it right? cuz the shield and caliper sit the same distance apart reguardless of turning the wheel. This also sounds very distinctly like a "larger" problem.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anybody else have a different idea?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well see I can't figure out how turning would affect the issue much myself. But on my dad's 99 civic it would make a hellacious grind/squeal noise turning left. Sure enough there was a pebble smaller then a pea wedged right next to the caliper. And everytime I go wheeling, my truck makes all kinds of noises for days lol. I hope this is all you got going on though, good luck!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i checked the lugs, they were tight.......damnit i was hoping for an easy fix. Also checked, unfortunately there also is nothing in between rotor/dust shield. :confused:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Allright today i went and locked the hub and drove a minute then unlocked it and it went away for a while than randomly came back....how does that make sense?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Jack up the front end and spin each wheel by hand, then compare them for resistance and free spin. Also listen for any noises while you spin them. My guess would be a wheel bearing starting to go out on the right side. Not a very pricy repair but requires the old bearing to be pressed out and the new one pressed in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts