TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out into the early snow we got here. Got some random pics from the weekend.

Yes did some snowboarding some rail jibbin!

Hanging out on the front bumper like all you other yota freaks!!!

Driving back through the canyon got some cool fog pics!

·
Registered
883 Posts
sweet, i love montana, we used to go up to bigsky for skiing trips every year. looks like fun.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
hmmm, I was beginning to think snow was a fabled or extinct creature! here in Indiana, where it should already be in the 70's and 60's…we got 90º temps yesterday!

Luckly I am from South Texas, otherwise I might have had a heat stroke cutting the grass!

wait for it………………a little more……………almost…

Yup, now!!! I am now ready for cold weather!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Fog picture is awesome! I am jealous, I wish it would snow here.. I'll be moving to Colorado when I'm done with school though, wooooo for snow!!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
God dammit...this makes me wonder why I moved back from CO...you gotta love being able to ride in the begining of October.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
i dont know if you guys know or not, but is it hard to offroad in the snow with a PreRunner? or is it fun?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
With a prerunner the only problem is when your stuck... your stuck... It's a blast as long as you don't get into the deep stuff and don't come to a stop..

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
does airing down help in the snow? i have a compressor and tow strap but idk if thatll work since you really cant get traction in the snow

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
do you guys take the jibs out there??? or just have em stup and ready?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you guys take the jibs out there??? or just have em stup and ready?
We brought them up there. Had a bunch of stop to hit. Yes airing down helps A LOT in snow wheelin. I just air down my tires and have a bunch of capable rigs to go with. A winch is the best safety though.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nice vid StevO, For that snow do you think a skinny chained tire would outperform a wide chained tire?

It looked soft like you might want to get down to dirt vs. float and slide off inclines.

Can you clear chains on the front of your trucK?
A lot of the snow we wheel in is deep enough I don't know if you would want to get to the bottom and chains will certainly do that, especially on a narrower tire. I'd think in a foot or less of snow the skinny tires would be better but in deep snow wider would give you the flotation.

I can clear chains on the front and have done it once when I chained up all four but wouldn't normally risk the extra strain on the CV's. The chains make the wheels skip so much I would think it's too risky unless you really needed them. ....Steve

·
Registered
533 Posts
A lot of the snow we wheel in is deep enough I don't know if you would want to get to the bottom and chains will certainly do that, especially on a narrower tire. I'd think in a foot or less of snow the skinny tires would be better but in deep snow wider would give you the flotation.

I can clear chains on the front and have done it once when I chained up all four but wouldn't normally risk the extra strain on the CV's. The chains make the wheels skip so much I would think it's too risky unless you really needed them. ....Steve
Its a tough choice, either sink to the frame or slide off the road. I've ran chains on the front with out any problems, but I don't have a locker yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I go with the 35X15.50X15 Baja Claws. Nice and wide with planty of traction. Haven't had a problem yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts