TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoes are on the way, got the Deaver 8 leafs, now which rear shocks? I know about the Bilstein's 51something but they are valved stiffer than what I want. I want a comfort type rear shock. Something valved more like 170/60, any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You can get donahoe's rear shocks, bilstein 7100's, or even some bypasses if you're that serious about it...all depends on what you want to get out of them and how deep your pockets are.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hoes are on the way, got the Deaver 8 leafs, now which rear shocks? I know about the Bilstein's 51something but they are valved stiffer than what I want. I want a comfort type rear shock. Something valved more like 170/60, any suggestions?

I went with the Donahoe Signature Series Reservoir Shocks and the ride great and so is the Donahoe Warranty.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the Bilstein 6100's valved at 180/75? They are 22.05 extended and 13.82 compressed. Would this valving be more plush versus stiff? Would these fit without going through the bed and while still maintaining l l ?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm running 255/70 valving in my Bil 5125's and it rides fine. But then again, I have an 05 and the truck is probably heavier than the older gens.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
bah! after you have that stuff a couple months, you are gonna sas anyway...
jk.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its' my DD so I have to find a way to put either 6100's or 7100's under the bed if that's possible.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Search for the thread by Trails less traveled...they got 14" travel with staying under the bed

·
Registered
870 Posts
ive got 255/70 7100 shortbody resi under my bed on a custom shock setup, you can see it in my sig

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Marnes, What kind of bumpstops are those?
Thats not my rig, thats a guy from CT, his name is tacoboy99.....go on CT and Pm him, he's a really nice guy and he'll answer all your questions

1 - 17 of 17 Posts