TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was out playing around with my '86 yard beater when I found some really soft ground. The old Yota then proceeded to try and find it's way to China. Now, this is pretty typical in New England with the spring thaw & mud but there are two embarrasing things about this deal.

1) I got stuck in my own backyard

2) My wife had to pull me out with her Nissan Frontier

I should have took some pics of it stuck, it sank down to the IFS and plow frame, but it was such a PITA to get it out I didn't think about it. I attached a pic of my beater I took after getting it out of the mud yesterday.

'86 Yota Xtra cab, all stock, 3" BL and flatbed.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
well, look at those tires! no wonder you got stuck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, their just all season, mix matched tires. :)

It came with 33" Bias ply Swamper TSL's, I took them off to plow snow. They will be going back on!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
and that plow frame didnt do too much to help

·
Registered
13 Posts
sorry!

sorry to say it but it dosent look like you could fit 33" tires on that. i have
33x12.50r15 super swampers TSL's on my 79 and i have a 3" body lift and a
4" susp. lift, i probly could go bigger but why? around here i would rather have a shorter tire so i can fit in the trees better. trails around here are very tight. but put the swampers back on and tear it up!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
in your backyard? i cant even fit my truck IN my backyard:(

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
4" susp. lift, i probly could go bigger but why? around here i would rather have a shorter tire so i can fit in the trees better. trails around here are very tight. but put the swampers back on and tear it up!!

You have too much lift for those tires. i had an 80 with 4in susp. and 33s with tons of room only rubbed on the frame in back. alls you really want is a thin tire.

Sorry for the hijack.

:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 33's fit on there OK, actually. ( their on some old aluminum 7-1/2" wide rims) I think the torsion bars are cranked alittle too. The tires are kinda tight and rub the firewall when flexed a bit. It's definately not the ultimate off-roader but it does the trick around the yard and going to the dump on weekends.

·
Registered
13 Posts
oh yea!

cool, id dohave alot of room under my truck and on my 92 i had the front end crancked up and ran 32" tires and they worked very well. so my bad i take it back! keep it dirty ha ha ha!

·
Registered
13 Posts
and also

yea i have been thinking about going with 35" but i dont know the 33"s seem to be working great for now for what i do around here. ill try to post some pics soon so you can see my rig. thanks for the company around here everyone seems to think if it is not american it is not a truck so it is nice to get to talk to people that see it the way that i do, and i am not saying that american trucks are bad. shit i have a chev 305 in my truck but toyota size is the way to go i think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts