TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a fucking D in college algebra!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed right now! I got a damn tutor and everything. This was at a community college and D's don't transfer. Man this sux. I will be disputing this, but I doubt it'll go anywhere, those dumb fucksticks can't even fax financial aid forms, so I don't expect too much out of em'!!!! I just wanted to bitch!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
college algebra SUX BALLS!!

xcmountain80 said:
Should have studdien more than you did huh? Park the truck study the books. Believe me its a good idea....

Aaron
or maybe I studied too much? I studied 2 days, well actually almost 3 days straight for that damn exam. I suck at math period, so oh well!
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
wslytoy said:
Got a fucking D in college algebra!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed right now! I got a damn tutor and everything. This was at a community college and D's don't transfer. Man this sux. I will be disputing this, but I doubt it'll go anywhere, those dumb fucksticks can't even fax financial aid forms, so I don't expect too much out of em'!!!! I just wanted to bitch!!!!!

Why do feel that you should dispute your grade? Unless things have changed since I graduated from college. Math is the kind of subject that you either get it right or wrong. You need to study harder next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ted said:
Why do feel that you should dispute your grade? Unless things have changed since I graduated from college. Math is the kind of subject that you either get it right or wrong. You need to study harder next time.
well, I feel I need to dispute a lot of things at that damn school, they're some kinda F-ed up there. So, I wouldn't be suprised if they gave me some1 elses grade. I'm not necessarily gonna dispute it, I'm just gonna ask to see a copy of my final exam and average that grade w/ my other test grades. Then, if it's wrong, I shall dispute it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I got a C my first time around in College Algebra, then I went into engineering, calc trig all that jazz. Then I hate my major end up in Industrial Technology (BEST MOVE IVE EVER MADE), and decided my senior year to retake that College Algebra to gey my GPA up. I was so fawking lazy (Senioritis) going into final weeks I had a D. I had to punch out, and Q that bitch. I felt stupid... Now Im an engineer.... Go figure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
wslytoy said:
Got a fucking D in college algebra!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed right now! I got a damn tutor and everything. This was at a community college and D's don't transfer. Man this sux. I will be disputing this, but I doubt it'll go anywhere, those dumb fucksticks can't even fax financial aid forms, so I don't expect too much out of em'!!!! I just wanted to bitch!!!!!
How exactly is it the colleges fault your too stupid to pass an exam? I dont see it?

Instead of disputing it go back in and sign up for it again, maybe this time show up, do what the teacher says and actually study... Cramming 3 days for a test isnt exactly studying...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
All I had to have was precalc with algebra and trig (highest precalc before calc 1 here), one of three 100's I have made on tests since I have been in college was in that class. Soak up the easy classes man they only get worse.

This semester was my second to last and I had Repro Phys, Inorg Chem II, BioChem, Med/Vet Entmology, and Agribusi. Believe me when I say I had to work alot harder for a C in biochem then I ever did for a B in precalc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
What sucks is having a professor determin your grade by the final alone. All semester long I was knocking back A's in Calculas the finals come along and I get (deserved) a C........I freaking paid money and a lot of it for that hurt!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
algebra

DesertTRD said:
How exactly is it the colleges fault your too stupid to pass an exam? I dont see it?

Instead of disputing it go back in and sign up for it again, maybe this time show up, do what the teacher says and actually study... Cramming 3 days for a test isnt exactly studying...
It's the colleges fault if they got my test mixed up w/ some1 elses and gave me the wrong grade. For once, I didn't miss that class more than 2 times. I had a tudor all semester. But who knows, like you said, I'm stupid so it might be my fault!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
wslytoy said:
Got a fucking D in college algebra!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed right now! I got a damn tutor and everything. This was at a community college and D's don't transfer. Man this sux. I will be disputing this, but I doubt it'll go anywhere, those dumb fucksticks can't even fax financial aid forms, so I don't expect too much out of em'!!!! I just wanted to bitch!!!!!
Hehe.. You know what they say..... D for Diploma....
You know what they call the guy who graduates the top of his class in med school? a doctor
You know what they call the guy who graduates the bottom of his class in med school? a doctor.
Food for thought. If they screwed up your grades then dispute it. If they didnt, I'm sure youll do better the second time around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
4TACXOMA4 said:
I haven't had to take college algebra, and I won't have to. I took probability and statistics, and next quarter I am taking pre calculus, and then in the spring I will be taking calculus. All this to become an acountant.


I'm in my junior year in accounting, just wait for the fun classes. Federal Taxation, Financial Analysis of Business Activites I and II, Auditing. In my first two years, I never did homework, crammed for a couple hours before tests and had B's. Now, I'm studyin all the time just to get a C in Federal Taxation. And never, under any circumstances take Stats and Cal 1 in a one month class at the same time :xsmash: . But, then again, taking classes that are actually important to your major instead of history and literature makes it a lot more interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
scottnmos said:
Hehe.. You know what they say..... D for Diploma....
You know what they call the guy who graduates the top of his class in med school? a doctor
You know what they call the guy who graduates the bottom of his class in med school? a doctor.
Food for thought. If they screwed up your grades then dispute it. If they didnt, I'm sure youll do better the second time around.
We used to say "degrees for C's" cause you had to get at least a C in core major classes and in any class that was a prereq for another (e.g. you had to get a C in Calc One to get into Calc Two). For non-major classes, you just had to keep a 2.0 average.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
math

scottnmos said:
Hehe.. You know what they say..... D for Diploma....
You know what they call the guy who graduates the top of his class in med school? a doctor
You know what they call the guy who graduates the bottom of his class in med school? a doctor.
Food for thought. If they screwed up your grades then dispute it. If they didnt, I'm sure youll do better the second time around.
lol, good point. If it were at D at a University, I'd be ok, but it's a Community College, and D's don't transfer. If they screwed em' up, then it'll get straightened out, eventually. If not, I'll do better next time around, I always do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
I sucked at math until I figured out how study for it.

One way that helped me was to buy a couple of different work books, one for the book I had and one for a different book. Then I learned how to work ALL the problems that fit the same chapter or chapters I worked on from both books. Seeing different approaches to the same type of problem helps when it comes to the test, because its almost guarenteed that the ones in the book are not going to match the ones on the test. Seeing it from different perspectives helped me to understand how the equation worked and therefor I could use it regardless of the math problem placed on the test.

I studies for hours upon end, and it was worthless until I figured out that studying for math isn't like memorizing a history or psych lecture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
Rather than look at this as an opportunity to slam The Man, or feel sorry for yourself, look at it as a wakeup, if you plan on going onto university, you're in for a LOT more work than you're doing at CC. Don't get me wrong, CC's offer great programs, but the workload you experience isn't near the same, and professors at university won't chase you down to make sure you do the work.

Either you didn't study enough, just getting a tutor isn't enough, or you're not cut out for math. I always had people asking me in university how I got such good marks, I always said "because I do the work...", I didn't bother telling them I dropped out of high school twice, dropped out of one university, and got kicked out of another before I got my ass in gear.

As far as studying for 2 or 3 days straight, I've had courses where I had to start studying for the final on the first day of class. Another bonus of getting good marks is that you open yourself up for scholarship opps, I paid $0 for my last year in school.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
math

WallyP226 said:
I sucked at math until I figured out how study for it.

One way that helped me was to buy a couple of different work books, one for the book I had and one for a different book. Then I learned how to work ALL the problems that fit the same chapter or chapters I worked on from both books. Seeing different approaches to the same type of problem helps when it comes to the test, because its almost guarenteed that the ones in the book are not going to match the ones on the test. Seeing it from different perspectives helped me to understand how the equation worked and therefor I could use it regardless of the math problem placed on the test.

I studies for hours upon end, and it was worthless until I figured out that studying for math isn't like memorizing a history or psych lecture.

you know, that sounds like a damn good idea, I'll have to try that out. Thanx for the tip. Peace, Wes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
math

mudferret said:
Rather than look at this as an opportunity to slam The Man, or feel sorry for yourself, look at it as a wakeup, if you plan on going onto university, you're in for a LOT more work than you're doing at CC.
Either you didn't study enough, just getting a tutor isn't enough, or you're not cut out for math. As far as studying for 2 or 3 days straight, I've had courses where I had to start studying for the final on the first day of class. Another bonus of getting good marks is that you open yourself up for scholarship opps, I paid $0 for my last year in school.
Oh yeah, trust me, I'm fully aware that a university would kick my ass in math. Other subjects, I'd be fine. You're right though, I suck at math. That's why I'm taking the 1 and only math I have to have at a CC. In HS I had to take Alg 1 two times, Geometry 2 times. So yes, I suck at math, but my tutor was a math major. She's really smart, I just think that I need to do what WallyP226 suggested, AND the tutor. My GPA for the semester dropped down to a 2.6 b/c of the "D". I'm not trying to get something I don't deserve. If I get to look at my exam and see that I F-ed up, then cool, but if I did better than a "D", then I deserve better than a "D". This school is infamous for fuck ups. 1 example is, my gf got put on academic probation at Mississippi State University, however they told her she could come back the next semester. Well, her parents didn't think she deserved to go back. So they moved her home and she went to this CC I'm at. OK, the University said she could go to school, then the CC said she couldn't b/c the University put her on probation. However, another CC in town said she could go to any CC in the state and it'd be ok. It took her mom going up there and chewing some ass after they'd already paid for books and classes, then they wouldn't give my gf her schedule, before they'd let her in. Another friend had to have his HS record faxed up there 9 times b4 they got it straight, and our HS was about 4 miles from this place. They're not real organized. So, we'll see how it turns out. BTW, congrats on F-ing up a lot and being mature about it and doing something w/ your life. So many ppl in the U.S. don't understand that concept! Peace, Wes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
My girlfriend took a college algebra class at a community college and made a D also. She isn't majoring in anything dealing with math and the university she is going to accepted the D because she didn't need anything else. I hope you don't major in anything requiring more math that is HARDER than college algebra. Good luck. BTW, this past semester was my first at college. Ya, I'm a freshman. My GPA is a 2.25. One B and four Cs. Oh well, seven more to go.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top