TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my OME front shocks put on! I absolutely love the ride both on and off of the highway. It feels much more controlled than the crappy TRD bilsteins. I never realized just how much the truck rebounded and swayed before now. The OME shocks are of excellent quality and I couldn't be happier.

I decided to keep my truck at stock height because I just have a PreRunner so a lift and larger tires wouldn't help a whole lot :rolleyes: Plus, the 4-cyl doesn't need anymore resistance to push around. So, I re-used the stock non-TRD coils against some people's advice and am very pleased. I also got rid of the nasty lean I had, which I have posted about before, and it looks soooo much better! It took 3 trimpackers to do it, but it was worth it. Below are some pics.

Drivers side w/ 3 trimpackers

Passenger side

Old TRD Bilsteins (puke)

These have been ordered and will be put on next week. So excited!

Pic of my truck for context

Now I need new rear shocks and possibly new leaf packs :cool:

Thanks for looking. Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
toyotadude04 said:
So, I re-used the stock non-TRD coils against some people's advice and am very pleased. QUOTE]

Interesting. I've heard the same thing. Apparently you should only use OME shocks with OME springs.

But hey, if it works for you...it works! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
ben90
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing